cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Mix

WiresGaz
Joining in

Is sky sports mix included in the sky sports package? I thought it was but have just noticed it's blanked out, I'm desperate to watch a Rugby League match on Friday (Cup game) but its only on Mix..... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi WiresGaz,

It's confusing to say the least.  On VM, as far as I can see,  Sky Sports Mix is not included as part of the Sky Sports subs pack

On Virgin if you subscribe to the Mixit package you can add the Entertainment & Sports Lite Personal Pick for an extra £7 a month which includes Sky Sports Mix in SD

Customers on the old Mix and Fun  bundles have Sky Sports Mix in SD as part of their package.

Customers on the old Full House bundle have Sky Sports Mix in both SD and HD

On VM's current Maxit bundle it’s included as standard in HD, even if you don't have a subscription to Sky Sports.

Customers on the Ultimate Oomph package have all Sky Sports and BT Sports channels in HD, along with BT Sport Ultimate in 4K, and both Eurosport channels in HD. This is probably due to the way Sky sold the Sports package to VM, although on Sky it's included in all of their channel packs.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is included but there’s currently an issue in some areas where certain channels have a blank screen. Check your service status to see if your area is affected. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

295DF651-9AA9-4283-8BEC-17348CC83A70.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi WiresGaz,

It's confusing to say the least.  On VM, as far as I can see,  Sky Sports Mix is not included as part of the Sky Sports subs pack

On Virgin if you subscribe to the Mixit package you can add the Entertainment & Sports Lite Personal Pick for an extra £7 a month which includes Sky Sports Mix in SD

Customers on the old Mix and Fun  bundles have Sky Sports Mix in SD as part of their package.

Customers on the old Full House bundle have Sky Sports Mix in both SD and HD

On VM's current Maxit bundle it’s included as standard in HD, even if you don't have a subscription to Sky Sports.

Customers on the Ultimate Oomph package have all Sky Sports and BT Sports channels in HD, along with BT Sport Ultimate in 4K, and both Eurosport channels in HD. This is probably due to the way Sky sold the Sports package to VM, although on Sky it's included in all of their channel packs.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky historically didn't consider Mix or Sports News as one of their sports channels, but as a taster/teaser channels.

Hence the confusion with the SD & HD variants being in odd bundles (SD a personal pick on current bundles, HD in MaxIt only) but not in the sports package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@WiresGaz wrote:

Is sky sports mix included in the sky sports package? I thought it was but have just noticed it's blanked out, I'm desperate to watch a Rugby League match on Friday (Cup game) but its only on Mix..... 

Sky Sports Mix & Sky Sports News are not part of the Sky Sports premium subscription. They are part of what are termed the "Sky Basics" channels, the same as Sky One & Sky Witness etc. Therefore they are included with Entertainment & Sports Lite in SD, and on Maxit in HD.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks