cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports HD

kashiup
Superfast

Hi 

sky sports HD picture is absolutely abysmal. We actually pay a lot for this and the picture is like standard definition and it wasn’t like this before. Who’s to blame? Sky or Virgin please can this be sorted. 

61 REPLIES 61

Thanks David, its the same again today with Norwich V Manchester United game.. Main event is much sharper than Premier League. Its a strange one.

Hi gmanbelfast

Thanks for the update 

From what @David_Bn advised, we are looking at getting this investigated 

Gareth_L

Is there an update on this? I pay for Sky Sports HD and can confirm the picture is terrible. Incomparable to either Eurosport or BT Sport. Will refunds be offered for months of poor quality picture given we pay a £7 premium for HD but have not been receiving it?

You will soon get a moderator welcoming you to the community and  ask if it the same on all chanels and different boxes.

Then such things as they cant replicate the problem blah blah. 

This is generally follow by more Bull excreata and then total silence. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JCM92

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you experiencing this issue to the same extent across all devices?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I wish VM and Sky would finally sort this out as we were promised. Watching the Liverpool Arsenal the picture is as bad as Xhaka's tackle which got him sent off. Previously I have said it was somewhere between SD and HD but it is truly SD tonight.

Any updates?

The problem is through the Virgin 360 TV Box. On all other devices I get Sky Sports through the Sky app with the Virgin login and the picture is great. All other channels in TV box are fine (but I primarily got it for Sky Sports

I have the V6 box "upgraded" to 360 which I suppose amounts to the same. I have no issues with the other channels but, like you, watch a lot of sport so it is annoying. It seemed to get better. Not as good as BT Sport, say, but bearable. Tonight though it is awful. Surely a bandwidth problem. I haven't thought of using the Sky Sports app. Thanks for that.

Why is this still an issue, people have been on about this for months, including me.

Sky and virgin should be looking into this as a priority as its a premium service.

I still think it's something to do with the UHD live broadcast (which virgin media customers still don't get) taking up band width and compromising the HD feed. 

Football over the weekend was dire again on Sky Sports HD.  The Chelsea game on BT Sports HD was fantastic.  I also noticed that the picture on Sky Sports Cricket is noticeably better than the football channels.