cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports HD

kashiup
Superfast

Hi 

sky sports HD picture is absolutely abysmal. We actually pay a lot for this and the picture is like standard definition and it wasn’t like this before. Who’s to blame? Sky or Virgin please can this be sorted. 

61 REPLIES 61

Picture quality is abysmal yesterday Liverpool v Arsenal there was a visible blurry fuzz around the players for both teams you couldn't make out which players were which on wide panning shots it was just s blurry mess the highlights on BBC Match Of The Day were pin sharp though so it proves that the feed that Virgin are transmitting is heavily compressed and of low bitrate.

Hi Koolmacher,

So we can understand if you're having an issue with the TV service, or if this is the standard quality of this channel, are you able to provide a picture of this please?

Thank you

Beth

Beth

Have to agree with the Liverpool v Arsenal game. Watched the Spurs game on the BT Sports HD 2 channel last night and the picture was sharp and clear.
JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.

It's the quality of picture you provide unfortunately I'm out of the country at the minute I'll try to show you comparison shots next weekend between sky sports live transmission over Virgin against BBC Match of the day highlights of the same match, sky live barely looks hd where as BBC Motd showing highlights of the same footage is clearly hd and I'm not the only Virgin customer with this issue there are quite a few of us You already know why i.e low bit rate high compression.

The Chelsea v Man U game yesterday was bad. The crowd looked like a series of blurred beige blobs on the screen.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.

Good morning, I must admit I didn't notice myself (though that could be because we dropped two points against United and I was fuming haha) Do you have a picture of this happening please so we can assist further? Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Just to say Sky Sports chanels are amazingly sharp right now. Ok so there's no content due to the  national outage, but the clarity of the onscreen message is outstanding 

philiprolston19
Tuning in

100% correct the picture quality is terrible looks like sd why wee paying premium for hd if yous are not providing it washed out with no sharpness im using a lg oled so don't blame the tv honestly can't wait till my contract is up absolutely a shambles of a company use have seen multiple threads and customers complaining and use still cannot admit a bit rate issue honestly guys everyone with the problem complain to offcom or training standards and claim your money back its not acceptable when they are charging you extra for something your not getting the stuttering on sky sports premier league is so bad i can't even watch a game at the moment 

gmanbelfast
Tuning in

I noticed on Saturday that the match on SS Premier League was SD, literally SD quality.. When I switched to SS Main Event it was Proper HD which was nice but it really is a shambles that this is the case and all the mods on here are basically not acknowledging it.. I genuinely regret joining VM, I joined thinking SS UHD would be available soon, ha, more fool me.

We're terribly sorry for the picture quality on Sky Sports HD, and are continuing to work to get this resolved with the broadcaster

Kindest regards,

David_Bn