cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Golf Red Button Issue on 360

SAMJBLA
Tuning in

I’ve recently upgraded my V6 box to 360 but can’t see Sky Sports Golf Red Button broadcast… Any ideas please?

34 REPLIES 34

ADMJ
On our wavelength

Well Kath_F I'm absolutely shocked at your response. 

I think the answer could have been next time there is a golf channel red button offering we will check and report back our experience thus giving this thread a definite answer as to whether the red button service is working or not. 

Anything less in all honesty portrays a couldn't care less attitude and culture.

Can we please have someone check the red button coverage when available and say yes it's working, or no we are experiencing the same that has been reported from several different sources. 

Not reporting this obviously reflects a couldn't care attitude!

ADMJ
On our wavelength

VM golf red button available now. Video fine with just a high pitched continuous tone. 

Could you please check if you are getting the same. 

Would other golf fans also see if they are getting the same and post to further alert VM there is an issue which they are so easily ignoring. Thanks

Exactly the same. No fix, no change. Just terrible service as usual. They simply seem to not care so long as you pay each month. I cannot wait for my virgin contract to end. Completely lost faith. This issue has been reported umpteen times for months and months. Every time it's reported you get the same platitudes about the relevant teams looking into it. That's either a complete lie or the 'relevant team' is so inept as to be totally worthless in terms of fixing the problem. Either way, I object to paying Virgin money for a non delivered service. It's beyond a joke

No proper audio for well over a Month now either a high pitched tone or Formula 1 commentary as it is at the moment. Reported many times but just ignored by Virgin Media.

Hi coypu13, I am sorry.  We're unable to replicate the issue in question at this time.  I can assure you that the relevant team have been made aware of the concerns raised on this thread.

Regards

Lee_R

French open golf is now on the red button and will be over the weekend i believe. The commentary is from the ladies Irish open. How can I get the commentary for the French open?

Sky sports golf French open is on the red button and will be all weekend. Commentary is from the ladies Irish open which is also on the red button. How do we get the correct commentary for the French open?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wjb1 

I've just checked channel 505. 

Selecting the red button option 1 gave me the Presidents Cup with correct audio.

Selecting the red button option 2 gave me the Womens Irish Open with the correct audio

Selecting the red button option 3  gave me the French Open with a loud humming noise, then came up with a screen saying, "red button coverage has now concluded". 

Checking the listings on https://www.skysports.com/watch/sport-on-sky  the French Open is not due on again until 12:30 tomorrow on the red button again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yep, I was watching on 505.  Coverage has finished for the day at 5.30pm. While it was on the French open was getting the ladies Irish open commentary. 

Today we have the correct commentary for the French open. Which is good. It is however running about 5 seconds ahead of the play which is annoying.