cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Football / Premiere League HD Artifacting

tdbegley28
On our wavelength

Hello all, 

I have had a 360 box fitted for a few weeks now and am noticing that on Sky Sports Football HD and Sky Sports Premiere League HD the picture is artifacting a lot and making it unwatachable.

This is not the case on all channels, for example right now the Brentford / Man Utd game is on Main Event HD and is playing flawlessly, if I go up a channel to Premiere League, its the same game but the picture is juttery and artifacting constantly. If i go up to Sky Sports Football which has the Bundesliga on, again its stuttery and full of artifacts.

These two channels have been doing this every time ive gone on them since the box was installed.

Anyone know why this is?

Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------
Hub 5 Modem Mode - Asus AX86U (Asus AC86U Mesh Node) - Gig1 Broadband
-------------------------------------

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports Football HD & Sky Sports Premier League HD are carried on the same broadcast mux. This also carries some other channels like More 4 HD & Animal Planet HD & it’s likely these will also be affected.

This is a symptom of a signal level issue at your property which would need investigation & most likely a tech visit, as either it is a wiring issue or an adjustment is needed at the street cabinet.

Give faults a call on 150 from any VM phone (0345 454 1111 from others) or wait here for the Forum Team to follow up, which may take a couple of days.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports Football HD & Sky Sports Premier League HD are carried on the same broadcast mux. This also carries some other channels like More 4 HD & Animal Planet HD & it’s likely these will also be affected.

This is a symptom of a signal level issue at your property which would need investigation & most likely a tech visit, as either it is a wiring issue or an adjustment is needed at the street cabinet.

Give faults a call on 150 from any VM phone (0345 454 1111 from others) or wait here for the Forum Team to follow up, which may take a couple of days.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the reply.

I just checked More 4 HD and Animal Planet HD and as you said they also have the same issue.

Thanks again, Really appreciated.

Hey tdbegley28, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with Sky Sports and other channels.

I have taken a look and I can see that there has been a tech booked out to come and look at it.

Please can you keep me updated on how this goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Before the engineer arrives may be worth making sure the nut on the coaxial cable into your 360 box hasn't worked loose and needs tightening. Unlikely but you never know....

Unfortunately it’s the self install push fit rubbish 😂

Thanks for the reply. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tdbegley28

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry to hear you're unhappy, is the issue still ongoing after the tech visit has taken place? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs