cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports F1

Andycjac
Joining in

The Sky Sports F1 channel on my mini 360 box pixelates. This the only channel to do this. If F1 is shown on another channel then no issues.

Additionally Sky Sports F1 on my main box works fine.

Any ideas what the issue may be.

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are usually the sign of a signal fault - one box reboot is a good idea, if problems persist, then there's a fault somewhere that VM will need to rectify. You've not said whether you pay for Sky Sports HD or not, it will only make a difference to enable VM/other users to check which other channels are carried on the same frequency and therefore you could check those.

If only one of your boxes is affected, that rules out an external fault and suggests the problem is either with the box itself or your internal cabling. Try swapping the boxes around and see if the fault moves - if it does, the box is clearly faulty. If the fault stays, the cabling is likely the problem.

At that stage, you can report the problem to VM who should arrange an engineer visit to replace whatever kit has been proven faulty. If you wait here for a few days, VM staff should respond. Otherwise you can call into CS (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from another phone) to report it immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Andycjac,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having pixelation on the Sports F1 channel. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

Was the great advice given by @japitts helpful? Do you need further help regarding this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Tightened all the cables on the mini 360 box and that seemed to fix the problem. Will monitor during the Grand Prix at the weekend

Thanks for coming back to us with the update @Andycjac and please do let us know how it goes over the Saudi Arabian grand prix this weekend.

Regards,

Steven_L

SA Grand Prix was OK and was Australia GP.

Now another Chanel has started pixelating. Fixed if I unscrew and the retighten the box cable.

Does this indicate I need a new cable? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andycjac wrote:

Now another Chanel has started pixelating

Which other channel - can you be specific?

Have you managed to swap your two boxes around as suggested in post#2 above? Did the fault follow the box or remain with the cabling?

@Andycjac wrote:

Does this indicate I need a new cable? 

It's one possible fix, but one thing's certain - you need a VM tech to be physically in front of your install. This can't be fixed remotely.

The more info you can provide in advance of that tech visit, the quicker it can be ultimately be resolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

As japitts asked what other channel or channel's have the problem as they might just all be on the same mux and need a signal level tweak, swapping the boxes would help proving that.

Sound as if the connection is becoming loose as you say twice you have tightened it to resolve it - are you only hand-tightening it?

You should have been left a small plastic spanner to tighten the cable - it must be very tight.

It could be a loose connecting in the cable connector itself.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi @Andycjac,

If the issues appears to alleviate when you retighten the cable then it certainly sounds like a connection. I would do what you can to make sure that the connection is as tight and secure as possible.

Let us know if the issue remains despite doing this and we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!