cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports F1 in HD

Jacko19
Joining in

We've just set up our new 360 TV box (which is great!) but we don't seem to be getting the Sky Sports F1 in HD.   When I rang Virgin to upgrade our existing broadband package to get TV, I asked to get the F1 channel in HD and thought we would be getting it.

We're getting some other sports channels in HD but definitely not F1.  Is there anything I need to check before I ring customer services?

Thanks in advance ☺️ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Sky Sports HD versions require a £7 Sky imposed supplement to the normal subscription. If you have paid this then channels 501 to 508 become active. The normal subscription only activates channels 511 to 518 (the SD versions).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Sky Sports HD versions require a £7 Sky imposed supplement to the normal subscription. If you have paid this then channels 501 to 508 become active. The normal subscription only activates channels 511 to 518 (the SD versions).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@nodrogd wrote:

On a 360 box it is always 501 to 508, 511 to 518 don't exist, with a Standard Sky Sports subscription they will be in SD, if you upgrade to HD they will be replaced by the HD version so you won't get the SD version.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jacko19,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you feel like there may be a discrepancy with your upgrade, or there's an additional change to your package that you wish to make, then I would recommend speaking with our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they can advise further on offers and options. I'm afraid we're unable to perform package changes from here on the community forums.

Let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!