cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Channel

Gmbkeable
Tuning in

What is the deal with channel 501, Sky Sports Main Event. The picture is terrible!! Is this not supposed to be in HD?

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In what way is the picture "terrible"?

Do you have Sky Sports HD in your package? If not, 501 will be Sky main Event SD

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

There are currently complaints in Sky's own forums that the Sky Sports HD channels are poor quality and not much better than SD.

It does seem that quantity is more important than quality with today's platforms.

@Gmbkeable wrote:

What is the deal with channel 501, Sky Sports Main Event. The picture is terrible!! Is this not supposed to be in HD?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gmbkeable, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your picture quality. Do you notice this issue on any other channel or is it only 501? 

As mentioned above by japitts, unless you have the add on for Sky Sports HD, you will only be able to get SD on those channels. You can upgrade to this by speaking to the team on 0345 454 1111. 

Let us know how things go so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

At this rate I will not be renewing my contract with virgin for my TV coverage, your sky sports hd TV feeds are utter rubbish I watched the Manchester Derby today and it was blur 'o' vision yet again but watching the highlights on match of the day and the picture quality is much clearer in hd as I would expect. How much longer are you going to fob your customers off with sub par picture quality on sky sports? Where is the uhd coverage you promised over 2 years ago?

We have the Oomph package which is supposed to include Sky Sports in HD.

☹☹☹

Hi Kath

It is my understanding the the Oomph package includes Sky HD?

Can you confirm this?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gmbkeable wrote:

It is my understanding the the Oomph package includes Sky HD?

Ultimate Oomph is effectively: Maxit TV plus kids, Sky Sports with HD, Sky Cinema & Sky VoD-UHD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Exactly, so I was expecting to watch Sky Sports in HD when we signed up. This is not the case because the clarity is terrible.