cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports 4K

Topgun
Dialled in

So, here we are nearly half way through the year, still no sign of Sky Sports in 4k. Let us not forget, we were promised this would happen sometime in 2020! Also, don't get me started on the fact that, even though I'm on the Ultimate Oomph package, because I re-contracted just before they brought Sky Movies in on 4K, I'm expected to pay an extra £6 a month for the pleasure of that.

Despite being a cable customer for the last 25 years, since the Cable and Wireless days, I've a funny feeling that when my current 18 month contract expires, that it's going to be "Hello Sky"...

5 REPLIES 5

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If Sky Sports in 4K matters that much to you then you should jump ship. This is why we need a competitive market.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Jump ship, ridiculous comment  !   It’s difficult to do when you’re in a contract (after being promised it’s coming)   So yeh I will be off when i can !

ozsat
Superstar

You will then not get BT Sport in 4K - which seems to offer more 4K stuff.

@Topgun wrote:

So, here we are nearly half way through the year, still no sign of Sky Sports in 4k. Let us not forget, we were promised this would happen sometime in 2020! Also, don't get me started on the fact that, even though I'm on the Ultimate Oomph package, because I re-contracted just before they brought Sky Movies in on 4K, I'm expected to pay an extra £6 a month for the pleasure of that.

Despite being a cable customer for the last 25 years, since the Cable and Wireless days, I've a funny feeling that when my current 18 month contract expires, that it's going to be "Hello Sky"...

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Curious why Roger_Gooner (with thousands of comments and a 'Legend' on a Virgin Media community), would be so quick to tell someone to jump ship, with a comment, on a feature, Virgin customers were promised. 

Also 'this is why we need a competitive market'. Ridiculous comment.

The never ending wait for Sky Sports in UHD on Virgin Media seems completely at odds with the statements issued by Virgin 2019.

The situation is exacerbated by the extremely poor picture quality of the various Sky Sports HD channels which seems to be incredibly soft and lacking in focus.

I’ve been with Virgin Media for years, but now counting down the final 6 months of my Ultimate Oomph contract before making the switch to Sky.