cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Kids now available.

RayW2
Dialled in

Sky Kids (HD) is now added to epg channel 707.

--

RayW2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Regrettably this information is not correct and was posted in error. SKY Kids is not available with the MAXIT Package but is included as part of the MIX and FULL-HOUSE packages. We will be updating the webpage shortly.
Again, we do apologise for any inconvenience or confusion caused.

Thanks,
ModTeam

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RayW2 

Although it's been added to the EPG, the channel itself doesn't start  until 13th February.

Depending upon the package/bundle you are on, you can actually view programs by going to Box Sets & Movies > Kids

On my 360 I clicked on Trending > The Epic Adventures of Morph - it's shown to be available on Sky Kids HD (Series 1, 9 episodes) and Sky Kids. (Series 1, 15 episodes)

The 9 episodes on Sky Kids HD wouldn't playu  instead it  showed the dates they are due to be broadcast.

However clicking on the Sky Kids icon (which appears to be an SD version) allowed me to play the programs.  I tried episodes 1 and 15 - it looks like all 15 are currently available to play if you don't select the HD version.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Why is sky kids hidden behind a pay wall subscription ??

Sky are advertising it as a FREE TO AIR channel so come on Virgin Media stop trying to charge people for a free channel !!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Where have you seen Sky Kids advertised as free-to-air?

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/sky-to-launch-brand-new-24-hour-ad-free-sky-kids-channel-packed-wit...  "Available at no extra cost for Sky TV customers with Sky Kids and NOW Entertainment Members," is the closest I an find.

It is included at no extra cost to VM-TV customers with the kids pack, which is the equivalent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

This is from the Virgin Media Edit email just received.

And it gets better. This exciting new HD channel bursting with family favourites is available at no extra cost for Mix, Full House and Maxit customers, or customers with a Kids Pick subscription. Plus, new channels are automatically added to existing packages, meaning you don’t have to lift a finger to enjoy some fantastic kids’ telly.

Here's the link,

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/sky-kids-channel-on-virgin-media 

I've got Maxit and this channel isn't available

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The non-FTA kids channels have been part of the Kids personal pick since Full House became Maxit, and I don't see Sky Kids being any different.

I suspect poor phrasing in the Edit email, and that Maxit customers will need to have the Kids bolt-on to receive Sky Kids.

Certainly not FTA in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The subject of the email is "You’ve got Sky Kids at no extra cost!" and the linked article says  "available at no extra cost for Mix, Full House and Maxit customers"

Doesn't seem poorly worded to me, it's pretty clear what they're saying.

1984xplod
Tuning in

I have the Maxit package and received an email stating I now have channel 707 sky kids at no extra cost. When trying to view this channel its still grey on tv guide and says I need to subscribe to view.

neilus77
On our wavelength

Anyone found out what’s happening, I have been told it is available to Maxit TV customers at no extra cost but hasn’t gone live yet, even though Virgin website says it went live 13 February, then another agent says the channel is not there at all even though I can see channel 707 and what’s supposed to be on it, then another agent said I have to go to box sets and activate it that way. No matter what who I speak to I get different answers but all says it’s available on Maxit without having to pay for the children’s TV package.