cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky F1 - am I getting HD?

metahome
On our wavelength

I've just switched from Sky to VM and I have Maxit Package plus Sky Sports, which I think should be HD (Channel 506).

I still have my Sky Q box connected and just wanted to check that I am getting HD.

The difference between VM and Sky (on the same TV) is staggering. I can't really believe the poor quality of the VM picture.

See pictures below (I had to reduce the images to allow them to be uploaded, the difference is even starker in original pics) - in particular the clarity of the timing table at the left of the screen. The shot of a single car is from Sky Q, the shot of people in garage is from VM.

Can someone advise if I am actually getting HD from VM? If, so what else could be the cause of this?

Sky QSky QVirgin TV360Virgin TV360

16 REPLIES 16

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What's listed on your contract?

On the 360 boxes both Sky Sports SD and HD are on the same channel number but are dependent on whether you have the Sports HD add on which should be on your contract.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

metahome
On our wavelength

There was no option to configure HD as an extra option when I selected the package and I am getting most other channels in HD. When I listed the channels included in the Sky Sports Collection when selecting the package I was shown the following:

metahome_0-1641567071844.png

I think it’s only the Ultimate Volt package which includes Sky Sports in HD. They don’t make this clear.

Your screen shots definitely looks like SD….

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can get Sky Sports in HD but it's an additional £7 a month on top of the Sky Sport Collection. Unless specified otherwise only Ultimate Volt get that in the bundle.

I don't know why it's not something you can pick in ordering online - it was last time I checked but they website has been updated since then.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

If you press 'OK' on the 360 remote it should show either the 'Sky Sports F1' or the 'Sky Sports F1 HD' logo on the info bar.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi metahome,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any frustration with your package. 

I have located your account on our side and can see you spoke with an agent regarding this. 

Were you able to get this resolved?

^Martin

metahome
On our wavelength

It was escalated to management and I'm told I will have an answer in the next 2 days.

That's how all my live SS HD Channels look and I am on HD, every now and again things look proper sharp and in HD but anything live is dismal, especially any Premier League Games.

Hey @metahome,

I have checked your account and cannot see any updates on this, have you heard anything back from the team as of yet?

Hi @gmanbelfast, have you reported your issues to the team at all?

Regards,

Steven_L