Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Entertainment UHD

oxfordmark
Superfast

Hey

Returning subscriber.

If I want to access Sky Entertainment UHD on-demand content, is that an additional charge?

There was no option to add it to my account on sign up.

24 REPLIES 24

roy247
Community elder

Hi thrice,

I renewed my U Oomph last July and got the UHD included, it did take about 3 tries before I spoke to someone who agreed that it should be included as the others still had the idea it was only for new customers. I think there was an option on his screen to add it but it didn't do anything when he clicked it, so he put me on hold until he got it added.

@roy247 wrote:

Hi thrice,

I renewed my U Oomph last July and got the UHD included, it did take about 3 tries before I spoke to someone who agreed that it should be included as the others still had the idea it was only for new customers. I think there was an option on his screen to add it but it didn't do anything when he clicked it, so he put me on hold until he got it added.

Thanks, Roy247, might be worth a try.

Hi thrice, 

Thanks for your enquiry about the UHD for Sky Cinema. As an Ultimate Oomph customer, you should have this on your package as already advised above by other users. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi thrice, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via Private Message. 

I have added the relevant codes so the UHD should be added with no change to your monthly amount. 

It can take 24 hours to process so reboot the box in 24 hours and if it's not there, come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

I have just tried and it's already working. Result. Thanks so much for your help.

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi thrice, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via Private Message. 

I have added the relevant codes so the UHD should be added with no change to your monthly amount. 

It can take 24 hours to process so reboot the box in 24 hours and if it's not there, come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Hi Kath,

What's going on here? Your message makes it clear that as an Ultimate Oomph subscriber I should be getting UHD 'at no extra charge to your account'.  Yet I have just received the following from Virgin Media telling me something different. Please clarify.

Thanks

thrice_0-1647790167800.png

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That email seems to say...

japitts_0-1647790520878.png

..that UHD-VoD has been added. What are you seeing that you think contradicts this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

That email seems to say...

japitts_0-1647790520878.png

..that UHD-VoD has been added. What are you seeing that you think contradicts this?

The price. Despite being informed that, as an Ultimate Oomph subscriber, UHD would be added at no additional cost the email contradicts this. The new bill is considerably more than I am currently paying.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thrice,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

Apologies for the confusion here. 

Do any of your discounts expire soon? 

If not has there been any communication prior regarding a price increase?

Let us know,

Kain

@Kain_W wrote:

Hi thrice,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

Apologies for the confusion here. 

Do any of your discounts expire soon? 

If not has there been any communication prior regarding a price increase?

Let us know,

Hi Kain_W,

My current discount does not expire until October 2022. I have had no communication regarding any price increase.

I hope you can sort this out.

Thanks.