Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Entertainment UHD

oxfordmark
Superfast

Hey

Returning subscriber.

If I want to access Sky Entertainment UHD on-demand content, is that an additional charge?

There was no option to add it to my account on sign up.

24 REPLIES 24

roy247
Community elder

If you have signed up to Ultimate Volt then it should be included reading this,

Sky UHD: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD requires a V6 or Virgin TV 360 box and a 4K compatible TV/device with HDCP 2.2. Up to 4x the clarity of standard HD content: based on comparison of HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) versus UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels).

New Ultimate Volt customers: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included with bundle. Subject to 18 month minimum term. Existing customers renewing Ultimate Oomph bundle: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included. Subject to 18 month minimum term.

£6 a month for existing customers of Maxit TV (Fullhouse/Bigger Bundle/Ultimate Oomph) packages. 30 days’ notice required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick. Prices may increase at any time during the contract.

This price is on top of your existing Virgin Media cable services monthly subscription cost. Service usually upgraded in 48 hours, but in the case of exceptional services may take up to five working days.

That's on this Page in The legal stuff under TV.

Ah ok thanks.

I'm going for the Bigger TV pack (no sports or cinema).

Not sure it's worth the extra if I don't have Cinema.

Thanks again.

If you have a 4K TV then the TV or the 360 will upscale, some user's say their TV's upscale better than the 360, you set the 360 resolution setting to 1080 instead of automatic.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oxfordmark wrote:

The "Bigger bundle" is, under the hood, Maxit TV without any premium add-ons.

Sky Cinema & Sky Sports would be chargeable add-ons, as would Sky UHD-VoD. Maxit TV would enable access to box-sets in SD & HD, the UHD-VoD add-on would enable the UHD equivalents where available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

@oxfordmark wrote:

The "Bigger bundle" is, under the hood, Maxit TV without any premium add-ons.

Sky Cinema & Sky Sports would be chargeable add-ons, as would Sky UHD-VoD. Maxit TV would enable access to box-sets in SD & HD, the UHD-VoD add-on would enable the UHD equivalents where available.

I do wish Virgin Media would give us bundles that we can all understand (and not keep changing). How about -

Somethings

Lots of things

Absolutely Everything (and mean it)

I signed up to Ultimate Oomph naively thinking that it meant what it said but UHD on Sky Movies is not included. Silly me.

roy247
Community elder

@thrice wrote:

I signed up to Ultimate Oomph naively thinking that it meant what it said but UHD on Sky Movies is not included. Silly me.

If you have renewed your Ultimate Oomph then it should be included,

New Ultimate Volt customers: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included with bundle. Subject to 18 month minimum term. Existing customers renewing Ultimate Oomph bundle: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included. Subject to 18 month minimum term.

DIdnt the Ultimate Oomph include UHD and an extra Box (V6)?

Now you have to pay for a box on top!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't recall the exact dates, but when UHD-VoD was first launched, it was chargeable even on Ultimate bundles.

I recall that lasted a month or so before it became bundles.

Might be worth checking when you signed or re-contracted onto UO.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@roy247 wrote:

@thrice wrote:

If you have renewed your Ultimate Oomph then it should be included,

I signed up for my Ultimate Oomph bundle a year or so ago. I have about another eight months to run on my current contract. I wonder if I will be offered UHD as an inducement to continue.