cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since the 4.45 update can't schedule recordings

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

The problem is described in the subject. Anybody else having this problem. I've tried a re-boot. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @brightonjohn 

You can set up fine tune the recordings between boxes, so for example if you could set it  to record all your soaps on box B, or all episodes of a particular  series on box A. It may be fiddly setting it up but you would only need to do it once.

Click on Record, then on the next screen click Advanced Options, then on the next screen click on Choose TV Box, then select the box, then click on Record. That program will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is one of the others.

Also when setting up a new series link go to Advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward. If though you've already got a series link set up for a particular program  and want to change it so it will record on the other box then you need to cancel that series link, and then set it up to record again, using the advanced options when you press record.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

Pronlem solved - for some reason my system was trying to set up recordings on my B Box which is not the default. Of course this should work as well but it doesn't and so while my A Box is set to default I'm goint to have to check every time that I'm programming the A Box. Annoying but I can live with that. Just another 'improvement' I guess!

Thanks for your post @brightonjohn, and we're pleased to hear that this was resolved soon after your original post.

Feel free to utilise our Community Forums if you experience any other service issues moving forward.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @brightonjohn 

You can set up fine tune the recordings between boxes, so for example if you could set it  to record all your soaps on box B, or all episodes of a particular  series on box A. It may be fiddly setting it up but you would only need to do it once.

Click on Record, then on the next screen click Advanced Options, then on the next screen click on Choose TV Box, then select the box, then click on Record. That program will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is one of the others.

Also when setting up a new series link go to Advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward. If though you've already got a series link set up for a particular program  and want to change it so it will record on the other box then you need to cancel that series link, and then set it up to record again, using the advanced options when you press record.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes - all works as you have described although box a doesn't always control box b smoothly or reliably and vice versa. But there are two other problems that I have encountered from time to time. Deleting material on box b from box a often fails and so I have to actually switch over to box b.

The second problem - also quite annoying - it used to be possible to record new episodes only. Now I find that repeats are being recorded as well! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @brightonjohn 

You should be able to set the programs/episodes to record only new  from the EPG by clicking Record > Advanced Options > Record > and then press OK to see the available options.

recording optionsrecording options

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks and have now found the menu that you show. But 'Not Going Out' still wants to record old episodes.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @brightonjohn 

There aren't any new episodes of Not Going Out at present. BBC are currently showing series 12 again. The last episode of series 12 was originally aired on 29th April 2022.

I'm not sure but it's possible that the 360 thinks the episodes are new as they are now broadcast on BBC One HD and the metadata might be linked to older episodes previously being broadcast in SD on BBC One.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.