cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set 360 remote to work my Sony Soundbar but doesn't work anymore

metalguru
On our wavelength

It used to work but says it connects but when you get the green tick only the Tv is showing in the menu tbe amplifier is missing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @metalguru 

Have you tried rebooting your hub as well?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

Have you changed anything or has it just stopped working,

You can try doing a factory reset of the remote and repairing, instructions on this Page you need to scroll down, and then try pairing to your soundbar using the first 4 digits of the model number. You could try the manual button pressing just don't accept the first option.

If you have already tried this try a factory reset of the box, just select the option to keep your recordings, you will have to login to any apps again. Sometimes the remote and box stop being 100%.

metalguru
On our wavelength

Re set the remote and the box. Still doesn't work. 

My downstairs box won't connect to the Internet either by ethernet anymore. It will by wifi but suddenly stopped on ethernet. I prefer ethernet to wifi. Is the box kaput?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @metalguru 

Have you tried rebooting your hub as well?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have 2 V6 360 boxes the other one works fine when swapped over. But yeah have rebooted the hub numerous times

Hi @metalguru

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the TV box.

Are you getting any messages or error codes on screen?

If so, could you send us a picture please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

metalguru
On our wavelength

No error messages it says it will operate the soundbar after the volume changes then when you click ok it wont work and the amplifier option is missing. Also my other V6 360 won't work with ethernet. It's not a hub issue which it says it is as the other box works with ethernet. 

Thanks for coming back to us @metalguru and I'm sorry for the ongoing issues with your TV boxes.

Are you able to connect your V6 360 via WiFi or can you connect via both methods?

Have you or are you able to try a different ethernet cable?

Regards,

Steven_L

Have connected by wifi but the other box is too far away to connect. It's not the cable as I have loads and the other box works with the original cable anyway