cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set 360 remote to infrared

dave_jee
Tuning in

HI all,

Does anyone know how to set the 360 remote infrared only, rather than the default bluetooth ?

The reason for this is, I am using a Harmony remote, and have done, with a V6, for years.

Most of the buttons work using the Ziggo Mediabox Next device, but buttons like "previous channel" don't have any response, so I would like to "teach" the Harmony the buttons by pointing the original remote at it, but it's stuck in bluetooth/not infrared.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Thanks, I checked with my phone's front camera and saw that it was sending IR and wondered why, if it was only Bluetooth, so that answers that. Thanks.

Looks like I might have to give up on Virgin as it's not really going to be viable with our multiroom system 😞

With luck someone will come up with a solution.

Thank you for the reply.

Hi Laura701,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your multiroom system. 

To confirm, is this through a 3rd party piece of equipment?

^Martin

Not sure I understand the question? 3rd party equipment? No it's Virgin's latest 360 box. They sent me a second bluetooth remote now and said I could pair the second one simultaneously to a single box. The bluetooth reaches the closest two bedrooms, but can only use one at a time. The helpline just seems to be a 'Let-Me-Google-That-For-You' service. Some have said remote codes for a Ziggo media box will control the 360, but doesn't seem to work for me. I have a friend who has their whole house rigged up with Control4 panels and they can't work these boxes either. It seems like a real problem.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't pair 2 360 remotes to the same box, you can however use a third party IR remote as they don't need pairing 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have just came over from sky q and on that box we had one remote set to Bluetooth ie voice control, and we had 3 sky remote working in ir mode, all the buttons worked but no voice as that needs Bluetooth. You have to key in certain numbers on the remote to pair up. Can I do that on the 360 box?   

Hi Philpc, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

Once the remote is paired up to your 360 box, you won't be able to use another Virgin Media remote to control that box. The voice function will work as soon as it's paired up correctly. 

You can use a remote control code so the VM remote can also control your TV too. You can view more information on this here 👉 How to use my Virgin Media TV remote

Let us know if you have any further queries or questions. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Once the remote is paired up to your 360 box, you won't be able to use another Virgin Media remote to control that box. The voice function will work as soon as it's paired up correctly. 

Does that mean I could unpair the 360 remote in order to use an IR remote?  Frankly I'd rather have the ability to use two remotes with my 360 box than use voice control.

Actually, frankly, I'd rather go back to TiVo because I find that after a year I still loath the whole TV360 experience.  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chr0m4t1c 

There's no need to unpair the 360 if wanting to also use a 3rd party remote control.

You can use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer. There's also the OneForAll1240 - if you enter code 1582, It's not as expensive as the 7125 and has 4 selects for tv/sat/amp/dvd

Also the Logitech Harmony remote works.  You need to set them up as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" 

Some TV's smart remotes also work with the 360 box. I have an LG and can set it up to control my 360.

Some TV's recognise the box as Virgin, with others you may need to search for Ziggo, or Ziggo Mediabox Next.

You can also control the 360 by using the Virgin TV Go app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Really what I want is to be able to use my old TiVo "peanut" remotes as I now have three or four sat around doing nothing, but I assume the codes would no longer work anyway.

Meanwhile I will be researching alternatives for my TV experience, this whole TV360 experience has soured me completely on Virgin and by the time my contract ends my street will have been cabled by Grain so I think it's highly likely that I will be leaving after ~20 years.