cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Link Clarification (Quick Question!)

deans6571
Wise owl

I have set the program : Celebrity SAS Who Dares Wins to record every Monday night from 9pm til 10pm on Channel 4HD. I have set the 360 to record ‘All From Series 3 Onwards’ so that it records all episodes from the current series and onwards. This is fine!

I have just noticed that in my Home Menu and under Planned Recordings, the 360 has picked up a repeat recording of this program (it’s a repeat of the program which was shown on Monday night) , which is being shown on Ch4HD tomorrow night at 00:55 until 01:30.

Is this correct and expected behaviour? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:
Good question, in the past when I have checked and V6 users didn't have a problem and there was a problem on 360 l have used Sky TV guide and the Channel as reference's and they always agree. 

I'd be interested in seeing a screenshotted example of this, the underlying EPG data is common across both platforms.

There's differences in the update cycle, and how 360 manages the data, but the actual EPG should be the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@japitts wrote:

@roy247 wrote:
Good question, in the past when I have checked and V6 users didn't have a problem and there was a problem on 360 l have used Sky TV guide and the Channel as reference's and they always agree. 

I'd be interested in seeing a screenshotted example of this, the underlying EPG data is common across both platforms.

There's differences in the update cycle, and how 360 manages the data, but the actual EPG should be the same.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a V6, I was referring more to comments on here from V6 users when there have been EPG problems on the 360, and life is too short to trawl through all the forum. But there have been similar things with box set differences between the V6 and 360.

One that springs to mind is Flight Attendant episode 2 missing 

On the plus side, the 360 does a very good job of automatically picking up missed and/or incomplete recordings and rescheduling them. On Monday/Tuesday, there was a major TV and broadband outage in the London (21) area lasting more than 30 hours. Two of my planned recordings were missed but picked up and marked for recording when the repeats were shown some days later. I seem to remember that the V6 could perform this trick but I am glad to find that the 360 can do likewise.