cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Box Sets In Ultra HD 4k HDR?

Fox35
Up to speed

Hi, I'm currently on the Bigger Bundle with Maxit TV. Are there any series box sets available to watch with my package in Ultra HD? Some good series are listed as available from Sky On-Demand in Ultra HD, but not available to view with Maxit TV? It says I need to subscribe.

Also, is any 4K content available in HDR?

I'm rather confused, as one of the main reasons, apart from the streaming capabilities, of the 360 was the availability of 4K content with HDR. I can't find any content with such available in my package. Unless I'm stupidly looking in the wrong places.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both the 360-software & V6-software support 4K/UHD via the same hardware.

UHD broadcast channels (BT Sport Ultimate on 531 & VM-Showcase on 228) are available on Maxit, otherwise the Sky Entertainment UHD-VoD is a separate subscription at (IIRC) £7 extra per month.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both the 360-software & V6-software support 4K/UHD via the same hardware.

UHD broadcast channels (BT Sport Ultimate on 531 & VM-Showcase on 228) are available on Maxit, otherwise the Sky Entertainment UHD-VoD is a separate subscription at (IIRC) £7 extra per month.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts Thanks for that info. I knew about the BT Ultra and the VM Ultra stuff, but I was really looking forward to some 4K box sets. The £7 per month Sky Entertainment UHD subscription is news to me, nobody mentioned that when I re-subscribed to Maxit.
So, basically 99.9% of series box sets on Maxit are only available up to 1080p HD unless I pay the £7 extra for Sky Entertainment or the £14 top tier Netflix.
Thanks anyway.

For the record the only HDR content available is on Netflix and Amazon apps.

The Sky content is not available in HDR as of yet.

I am sure someone will be along to confirm but I am sure (at one point anyway) you had to have Maxit & Sky Cinema to be able to subscribe to the Sky UHD service

VM has broadcast live sports from Eurosport in 4K and HDR (HLG to be exact), namely the last three French Opens from the Philippe Chatrier court and football (and perhaps other sports) in the Olympic Games last year.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@stevemorgan wrote:

For the record the only HDR content available is on Netflix and Amazon apps.

The Sky content is not available in HDR as of yet.

I am sure someone will be along to confirm but I am sure (at one point anyway) you had to have Maxit & Sky Cinema to be able to subscribe to the Sky UHD service

There is also some UHD/HDR content available on the BBC iPlayer. I found that there is not a great deal of difference on my LG-based system between HD and UHD content as the built-in LG upscaler is so good. However, there is a considerable improvement in picture quality if the UHD content also has HDR. I discontinued my Sky Movies UHD sub because of the minimal difference. If and when HDR is added I will start my sub again.

Hi @Fox35 thanks for getting back to us.  

I am sorry for any confusion around how the bundles and add-ons work.  Your fellow community members have given the correct advice.  If you need any further advice, please do get back to us.

Regards

Lee_R