cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Remote with Virgin 360

Bishenden
Tuning in

Can anyone recommend a second remote that works via IR using Virgin 360 on an upgraded old V6 box?

We have a large sofa and two remotes in pockets each end. 

Having to get up to get a remote drives us crazy.  Any suggestions, we mainly use Netflix. 

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Harmony remotes are good if you can still get hold of one as they've got the right codes in to get IR working. I think some of the One For All remotes work too although they may be a bit more hit and miss.

You know that the Virgin TV Go app can act as a remote for the 360 though? So a cheap phone or tablet running recent versions of Android (or iOS) would work too, and one of the benefits there is that you can use it to browse for content without interfering with what you're watching, and then 'cast' it to the TV.

A similar option works for natively for the Netflix app too - you sync a mobile device's Netflix app to the one of the 360 box and control it from the mobile device.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for the help, I will try and find a Harmony remote.  

The app works OK when the box is on but doesn’t turn the Virgin box on.   So you still have to get up to get the other remote to turn on.  

I think the answer is to buy another TV remote and then use Netflix through the TV and cancel the Virgin TV contract when it is due for renewal.  

Not having Disney and Google Home integration was annoying enough but now it’s more of a pain to use, so just a waste of money as it’s mainly Netflix we use anyway.  

I use a one4all evolve remote, around 20quid, works fine.

Hi Bishenden thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you've had issues getting another remote control working with your TV set top box.  Also sorry to hear that you're going to end your TV service when your contract expires.  I hope your solution works well for you.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R