cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching on Virgin TV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I'm a first-time newbie so please go easy on me.

I have a question about searching for content on my TV box. For example of I search with "Tom Cruise" I receive lots of great suggestions, but many of these are from sky cinema, which I don't subscribe to.

So, is there a way on limiting search results to 'free' content or to services like Prime, iPlayer etc that I do subscribe to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There has been some updates to Search facilities in the latest 4.37 level of the software on TV 360.

You can now search on Netflix on its own. Given this, perhaps future developments will see other options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The short answer is no.

Longer version - the search result on all VM TV boxes serve two purposes. 1: A listing for the content you have access to, and 2: A "shop window" for the content you can have access to if you spend more.

Your box has no way of knowing which services you & don't subscribe to at a search level, that only becomes apparent when you ask to actually view. So you'll see the results from any platform that is integrated with the VM interface.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There has been some updates to Search facilities in the latest 4.37 level of the software on TV 360.

You can now search on Netflix on its own. Given this, perhaps future developments will see other options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not seeing results from Amazon Prime, should I be?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I'm a first-time newbie so please go easy on me.

I have a question about searching for content on my TV box. For example of I search with "Tom Cruise" I receive lots of great suggestions, but many of these are from sky cinema, which I don't subscribe to.

So, is there a way on limiting search results to 'free' content or to services like Prime, iPlayer etc that I do subscribe to?

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the Forums.

Never be afraid to ask questions as we have all been newbies, and are all here to help if we can.

As per japitts, sadly you can't limit the search to channels/apps that you subscribe to, however the search function does bring up Amazon Prime programs.

It's a no win situation for VM, if they exclude/limit the search function then other people complain that it doesn't show everything and isn't providing a full choice, even if it means paying.

I've just performed a quick search using "Tom Cruise" on my 360 and it brought up Amazon Prime results for him.

The 5th search item listed is Legend, which shows as being available on Prime. This particular item is not showing up for any other apps or channels.

Also further down is Interview With The Vampire which shows as being available on prime, TCM Movies +1 (Mon 4th April) and VM Store

It might be easier for you to open the prime app in future and search from there.

You may find the following link handy as you get used to the 360 and how it operates.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Anonymous
Welcome to the community!
I can see that our VIP's have answered your question here. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and we'll be more than happy to assist any way we can. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley