cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching actor, director etc

LeszekO
Tuning in
  • The Tivo box had search and discover for eg actors, directors, genres which were then recorded. How do I replicate this on the tv360 box
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@newapollo wrote:

You can though search for something using voice (e.g. ‘Movies with John Wayne’) select the item you want, then press the contextual key (3 dots) on your 360 remote.  This brings up a sub menu. Info and Add to Watch list. Highlight Add to Watch list and press OK.

Though you of course have to repeat that process every two weeks or so, for every search you want, rather than having it happen automatically.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Unfortunately that is one of the software features that both the TiVo and V6 box's had that the 360 which uses Horizon software doesn't have.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can though search for something using voice (e.g. ‘Movies with John Wayne’) select the item you want, then press the contextual key (3 dots) on your 360 remote.  This brings up a sub menu. Info and Add to Watch list. Highlight Add to Watch list and press OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Though you of course have to repeat that process every two weeks or so, for every search you want, rather than having it happen automatically.

Do you know if they are working on this functionality improvement?

@LeszekO wrote:

Probably not, I believe the "Wishlist" feature is one of the many missing features that is patented by TiVo, so don't think they could implement it even if they wanted to.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LeszekO wrote:

Bear in mind that TiVo & TV360 are fundamentally different, in much the same way as Android is different to Apple.

I suspect wishlists are something that TV360 won't ever replicate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks