cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes black

staceym23
Tuning in

I wanted to ask a question does anyone know if there is a reason that sometimes when I am watching a programme or app on the 360 mini  box the screen goes black or blank for a second then comes on again I happens quite often 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi staceym23, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having this issue on your 360 box. 

newapollo has provided a good setting to check. If you can ensure the frame rate is set to default, this should help. 

As a just in case, I've checked your account to ensure all is well and all is looking good from this end in terms of power levels and input levels on the boxes. 

If you continue to have issues, or the setting change above doesn't help - pop back and let us know so we can help further.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @staceym23 

This generally happens on netflix due to a difference in frame rates.

Go to Settings >Audio & Video > Match frame rate

If it's set to ON then people do see a blackout when the 360 or HDMI reconfigures for the difference in frame rate.

If it's set to the default (Off) then the box just accepts the frame rate difference which isn't noticeable by most users and shouldn't blank the screen out.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi staceym23, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having this issue on your 360 box. 

newapollo has provided a good setting to check. If you can ensure the frame rate is set to default, this should help. 

As a just in case, I've checked your account to ensure all is well and all is looking good from this end in terms of power levels and input levels on the boxes. 

If you continue to have issues, or the setting change above doesn't help - pop back and let us know so we can help further.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Is is already set to off and the screen goes blank from time to time I have just left it as something that happens that I can do nothing about but thanks for the advice 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Is this happening on any particular app or channel?

Also, how often would you say this is occurring please? 

Thanks, 

Nat