cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung tv, won’t load

glm17
Joining in

We have a Samsung tv, we are on our 3rd box which is the newest one. When we go to switch on our tv, it’s like the box loads up but when you look at the screen it’s either blank or the program comes on it differed each time and then whatever one it is it goes on and off but itself it’s like the box isn’t connected through to the tv? If that makes sense I have videos of this. I have been told by engineer and looking online that Samsung is not compatible with virgin, virgin say the tv model should work. We have changed hdmi ports it still does the same thing. 

amazon fire stick works, sky worked when he had that. But virgin doesn’tz.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have been changed and in different port. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@glm17 wrote:

We have a Samsung tv, we are on our 3rd box which is the newest one.

When you say are on your 3rd box, are you saying you've had 3 boxes of the same type replaced as part of fault finding?  Or are you saying you've regraded through different set top boxes eg from Tivo to V6 and then to the newer TV360?

Looking at the following page should help confirm which actual TV set top box you have (plus if it's a 360 then there will be a voice button on the remote control)

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Depending upon the actual box type we can possibly offer further fine tuned help with your problems.

When we go to switch on our tv, it’s like the box loads up but when you look at the screen it’s either blank or the program comes on it differed each time and then whatever one it is it goes on and off but itself it’s like the box isn’t connected through to the tv?

Have you tested a different TV with the VM set top box?

If that makes sense I have videos of this. I have been told by engineer and looking online that Samsung is not compatible with virgin, virgin say the tv model should work. We have changed hdmi ports it still does the same thing. 

Are any error messages shown on screen? If so which ones?

amazon fire stick works, sky worked when he had that. But virgin doesn’tz.

Does the VM set top box work if you remove the Firestick or any other 3rd party devices?

Are you using a splitter with any of the HDMI cables ? Are  you using an extension cable at all for power?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

When you say are on your 3rd box, are you saying you've had 3 boxes of the same type replaced as part of fault finding? 

we had 2 boxes that where the same and the one we have just now is the tv360

Or are you saying you've regraded through different set top boxes eg from Tivo to V6 and then to the newer TV360?

the first two looked like the tv360 if that helps? It had a bigger remote.

we don’t have VM in any other room.

Are any error messages shown on screen? If so which ones? There is no error messages on screen.

Does the VM set top box work if you remove the Firestick or any other 3rd party devices?

VM still does the same when we remove the fire stick. Everything has been unplugged, changed hdmi and still does the same thing.

Are you using a splitter with any of the HDMI cables ? Are  you using an extension cable at all for power? 

all we have is an extension cable to reach the tv. As where the tv is it wouldn’t reach without one.

if you have an email I can show you the videos of what I mean as I can’t send them on this as I don’t understand any of it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @glm17 

Thanks for updating your thread. I'll move it to the 360 forum so hopefully there will be more specific help available. 

If you have posted the video on youtube then you can upload it to the forum.

How do I insert a video in a post?

You can insert a video from YouTube in a post from your computer.
  • Start a new post.
  • Click the Insert video button in the editor's toolbar (it looks like a movie camera).
  • Click the From YouTube tab.
  • Enter the URL for the YouTube video.
  • Choose a video size.
    Tip: We recommend full size as our community will optimise for most devices.
  • Choose how you want the video aligned.
  • Click Done.

Out of interest, is this an older Samsung TV?  If so look to see if there is a port marked MHL, and if so then connect the HDMI cable from the 360 to that port on your samsung and reboot both your TV and the 360.

You might also want to look at this post for further suggestions <<< here >>> 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

i haven’t uploaded it to YouTube.

the tv is maybe 3/4 years old. We have tried in different hdmi ports and it still does the same.

when we had sky tv it worked but since coming over to VM it doesn’t. So to me that tells me it’s VM that’s the problem not my tv, cables etc

Hey glm17, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry you are having some issues with your TV box.

I would like to look into this in further details, I am going to send you a PM please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@glm17 wrote:

we don’t have VM in any other room.

Please try moving another TV into the same room as the 360 (temporarily) and hook it all up and see if you can set the other TV up correctly.

If it works then it shows that there is nothing wrong with the actual 360 box, but that  there's a problem with either pairing the samsung TV to the 360, or the Samsung TV

Which actual Samsung model do you have? For example  Samsung 43In UE43TU7020KXXU  or Samsung 50 Inch UE50TU7020

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Our other tv is on the wall and it’s a bit of a hassle to get it off.

it’s a 50inch we have