cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Turns on at Night Randomly

DragonRebornUK
Tuning in

Good Afternoon

I have installed the TV 360 on both of my V6 boxes and using the new remote. All seems to work well. First impressions is the GUI is nice and fast, channel change is quick.

One gripe i have tho, is the TV in our living room now Turns its self on at night. ( Only installed on Saturday, so i will see if it turns on during the day today when i get home from work!) 

The box set it self up for the TV so it can turn it on and off, change sources and volume ok. Only change i have done on any of the HDMI inputs is update the V6 box. So it must be the TV360 update.

I have one box upstairs that did the same thing and set its self up for an old LG TV. This one doesnt turn on randomly!

Anyone else having this issue ?

8 REPLIES 8

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try turning 'One Power' off on the box connected to the living room TV and see if that stops it happening.

That's in Settings > Audio & Video.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for the quick reply, i got home to the TV on again! 

Looked at the setting and One Power was turned off on both boxes. 

I have set the power saving to 24 hour as well on both boxes so it doesn't keep going to power save mode.

Anything else we can try ?

TV is a Samsung 6 Series

I really would like the ability to turn TV On and Off with the new 360 remote and use the volume, so i don't want to disable that function.

Also more info, It must be receiving the turn on signal through the HDMI-CEC interface as where we put the remotes at night so no IR function can work.

You can disable One Power and still control the TV with the 360 remote. 

The only difference with the setting disabled is you'll need to turn the TV on with the white on/off button on the remote and the 360 with the red (and turn them off the same way).  The volume etc. will work no matter if One Power is on or off.

Also try setting the standby power to "fast start" and see if that improves things.

One of our 360's is connected to a Samsung TV (with One Power on!) and they both stay off when we turn them off (which is just as well as it's the bedroom TV!)

The settings we have on that particular 360 are as follows:

Under System

• Standby timer 4hrs
  • Standby Power Consumption: Fast Start

Under Audio & Video

• One Power: On
  • Volume Keys Control: TV

To get over the issue. I have to turn the virgin box off first then the TV. No random TV turn on. Is a solution. Had a few random times on turn on of virgin box it would not display. Had to reboot which still takes ages! 

richingram64
Up to speed

I have a Samsung tv which had a problem with turning on randomly. I have disabled the 'HDMI CEC' option which appears to stop the tv being turned on. Not sure how it works but it appears to be ok so far. 

Arbedub
On our wavelength

installed V6-360 update yesterday and overnight our Samsung Q95 turned on by itself.  Never done this before on the V6.

Presuming that this is the HDMI-CEC issue that others have seen.

Time to start disabling features I guess ☹️

anyone tried the ECO power option?

roy247
Community elder

@Arbedub wrote:

...anyone tried the ECO power option?

If you have more than one 360 you need the power setting to Fast or Active start so they can connect to each other so you can watch recordings across boxes and continue watching from one box to another.

Random thought. Am I the only person who switches off their TV at night?