cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUBTITLES - change font?

Fredrico777
Joining in

Once again i am reaching out to Virgin Media if they could look at altering or giving an option of the type of subtitles that V360 uses. Being brutaly honest the current subtitles ruin my viewing pleasure as they block out half the picture. Its not often the technology actually goes backwards when you upgrade but i feel i am back in 1980 with teletext. Not sure how much longer i can deal with it and have to switch to another provider after over 25 years with Virgin. Other features that lack on 360 is media recall from deleted programs.

Kind Regards

Fred

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

9 REPLIES 9

psychochief
On our wavelength

hiya,

i agree entirely, i wish id not bothered with the 360, i too am looking at sky if i cant get a V6 box again, the 360 software is so non intuitive, and the 360 is called an "upgrade" ????, i dont thinks so lol.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fredrico777,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the subtitle service. Would you mind expanding on the issue? Is it possible to provide a photo of what you're seeing and are referring to? Can you also confirm if this is happening on all channels or only specific ones?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hiya Zach,

surely you've got access to a 360 box, you can see for yourself ? not only are they big but have to be set as on in the user area for them to work, which means they are on by default and you have to turn them off everytime you watch a recording or new live tv station, how stupid is that ? oh for the simple on/off button of yesteryear lol !!

cheers.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @psychochief 

The subtitles are only turned on by default if you set them up that way by going into Settings > Profiles > Subtitle options 

If you leave that setting to Off then you can turn them individually on each channel by either holding the 360 audio button and saying, "subtitles" to turn them on, or saying, "subtitles off" to turn them off, as well as the other method which you've used when pressing the contextual button 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@psychochief wrote:

i wish id not bothered with the 360, i too am looking at sky if i cant get a V6 box again,

This thread was started by Fredrico777 and responding to this is almost condoning a "me too" post, but... You'd best start looking at Sky in this case.

Posting across multiple threads saying you're unhappy with TV360 isn't going to alter VM's policy position here.

Once you've converted to TV360, there is no going back. The time to do research into the (many & substantial) differences between the two platforms is before opting for the migration, not after.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hiya,

surely VM should read these posts and change their policy as and when its required for the good of the customer, nobody told me the V6 boxes weren't available, its obvious that this 360 lark is a money making scheme by VM, ie, they dont have to pay tivo any more.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@psychochief wrote:

surely VM should read these posts and change their policy as and when its required for the good of the customer

The decision to move from the TiVo-based platform to the Horizon-based TV360 platform is a strategic one by Liberty Global, VM's parent company, and is being implemented across Europe.

Posts on a forum such as this are not going to change that plan. Conversions remain entirely voluntary at this time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Fredrico777_0-1655107825122.jpeg

The subtitles appear random top ,bottom middle of the screen. Always a solid black box with either yellow white or blue text just like the old teletext. The bos for subtitles is oversized and can block upto a quarter of the screen at any one time. I need the subtitles for my hard of hearing partner however not everyones viewing pleasure should be affected due to this. You really can miss half of the picture due to solid box subtitles. Thanks Fred 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fredrico777 wrote:
The subtitles appear random top ,bottom middle of the screen. Always a solid black box with either yellow white or blue text just like the old teletext.

I thought that was normal, depending what's happening on-screen at the time?

I've certainly seen this on my V6.