cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD/HD Box Sets/Catchup

IainC86
On our wavelength

Why is it that when you are looking at box sets, some episodes are split between sd channel and hd channel, i want to watch it all in hd.

There can be for example The Catch on Channel 5, episodes 1-3 are SD yet ep 4 is HD, this stops me watching so much content as SD is terrible

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When this happens, it's usually an OnDemand error where individual assets need to be reloaded once VM are aware

I use a V6 so no idea how the TV360 presents this, but all 4 episodes are listed in both SD & HD - so it doesn't appear to be intentional.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looking on my 360, the HD episodes are only avaliable for 30 days. Episode 1 has already expired and episode 2 is due to be removed on 3rd March.

The SD episodes are available for a year.

This will be  the broadcasters decision.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This appears to be an inconsistency between TiVo/V6 & TV360 then. Neither of the SD/HD episodes on V6 have an expiry date which might fit with the 60/90 day availability that some C5 stuff has these days.

Definitely reinforces the advice to record any programmes you know you'll want to watch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks