cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewinding live tv on TV360 not working

mattjdavis
Tuning in

Hi all - I wondered if anyone has had the same issue as me?

I've just upgraded my V6 to 360 and everything has gone fine. The only problem I have is that if I watch a programme from my recordings or access an app, when I go back to the live tv channel I cannot rewind at all

On the V6 I could rewind up to an hour and I find that not being able to rewind is really aggravating.

Checked settings to see if there was a setting wrong that had limited the buffer but there's nothing I can see.

Any thoughts, tips, advice?

Cheers in advance, Matt

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm fairly sure this is one of the differences between V6 & TV360.

The box has 6 live tuners, and the V6 continually buffered on all 6 allowing you to pause and rewind on all 6. TV360 only does so on the live tuner, not the other 5.

Others who use TV360 will be able to confirm whether this live buffer continues when you're watching a recording and not live TV - I have a suspicion it doesn't, but for your sake would like to be proven wrong. Out of interest, what happens when you try to rewind? Do you get an error message/code (suggesting fault) or does it just not have a buffer?

Of course, the obvious solution to this (and a few other TV360 quirks) is to record any programme you might want to watch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

What japitts said is correct, although the 360 can record up to 6 channels simultaneously only one is in use on live TV, upside is you can rewind at least 3 hours if you want to.

roy247
Community elder

Also worth pointing out that if you get a mini box you can only pause for 3 to 4 minutes as it doesn't have a hard drive, if you want to pause for longer then you need to press record so it records on the main box.

@roy247 wrote:

Hi,

What japitts said is correct, although the 360 can record up to 6 channels simultaneously only one is in use on live TV, upside is you can rewind at least 3 hours if you want to.

Thanks for the reply - what do you mean by rewinding 3hrs? Do you mean of TV that I've just watched? If so then that's a bummer as the buffering was one of the most useful features even if the new version does go back further than before. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

He means that... in V6 land, all 6 live tuners held a buffer of the preceeding hour (or less if you've retuned in that time)

The TV360 only holds a buffer of your live TV channel, but does so for 180minutes rather than 60.

Another difference between TiVo-software & TV360 software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@mattjdavis wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - what do you mean by rewinding 3hrs? Do you mean of TV that I've just watched? If so then that's a bummer as the buffering was one of the most useful features even if the new version does go back further than before. 

Yes TV you have just watched or left on when you went out, I would have preferred to have the V6 option.

@roy247 wrote:

@mattjdavis wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

Hi,

Yes TV you have just watched or left on when you went out, I would have preferred to have the V6 option.

Definitely - I don't see the point and the ability to watch something recorded then rewind what you've missed on the live feed is far more useful.

Hey-ho, will just have to get used to it I suppose. 😞