cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for 360

A-TNR
Tuning in

Hi, we just renewed our VM contract and have requested the update from V6 to 360. Without going into all the details at this stage (was a rather long phone call), when the agent on the phone attempted this, he encountered some difficulty which prevented this being completed.

We have the remote already, but I was wondering if someone from VM could help in having the update to switch to 360 pushed to us? Thanks  

7 REPLIES 7

1701-e
Superfast

Your V6 menu should have the 360 option to upgrade.  If not ring them up.

You will need replacement boxes.

Full House with 200Mb. 2x V6s hard wired, SH3 in Modem Mode with Ubiquiti Router. Ubiquiti Wifi Points, IP CCTV and Sonoff Smart switches& Philips Hue, Synology NAS. Whole house wired with CAT5e.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello A-TNR.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the 360 upgrade.

I did run a quick check on your Box and can see you a new upgrade has been booked in since your last post.

Can you please let us know on here how the conversion goes.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately the upgrade process has been a total nightmare and we’ve now had at least 4 days with only live TV being available to us - all apps, recordings etc are greyed out. 

We did have an engineer out last week who came to resolve a separate issue with our V6 box. This resulted in him replacing that box for a new one. Everything on V6 worked fine until Thursday night when we started getting the “Account issue” message on the home screen. I assume this is related to the 360 update request? 

I’ve been on the phone several times today trying to get this resolved, however it would now appear that a second engineer visit will be required - this won’t be until Wednesday.

It really has been such a disappointment, especially when you consider the £29.99 fee for the privilege.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@A-TNR wrote:

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately the upgrade process has been a total nightmare and we’ve now had at least 4 days with only live TV being available to us - all apps, recordings etc are greyed out. 

We did have an engineer out last week who came to resolve a separate issue with our V6 box. This resulted in him replacing that box for a new one. Everything on V6 worked fine until Thursday night when we started getting the “Account issue” message on the home screen. I assume this is related to the 360 update request? 

I’ve been on the phone several times today trying to get this resolved, however it would now appear that a second engineer visit will be required - this won’t be until Wednesday.

It really has been such a disappointment, especially when you consider the £29.99 fee for the privilege.

I  wonder if the systems have been correctly updated with details of the new box.   It may be that the signal  has been sent to the older box that was replaced. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The thought did cross my mind.

On my first call I did try to explain this and ask to check the serial number of the box that shows at his side against the serial I was seeing here. Unfortunately English was a bit of a barrier and he couldn’t grasp why I would want to do this. He did however book the engineer (I believe), before I was then cut off. 

On my second call, the guy attempted to push the 360 firmware to the box, but this unfortunately failed. 

I can’t help but feel it’s something simple that’s causing this and so could be easily resolved if I could only speak with the right people - level 2 support or something? 

Just a quick update to say that our 360 migration issues have finally been resolved. 😀

I thought I’d try calling the faults team one last time before our engineer visit tomorrow. Low and behold I got through to fantastic agent who: 

1. Actually listened to me explaining the problem 

2. Troubleshooted the problem 

3. Provided clear guidance / instructions

4. Performed some changes from his side and re-pushed the update (This didn’t work on previous calls)

and wouldn’t you know… the problem is fixed and everything is now working! 🙌

Unfortunately I didn’t catch the guys name, but whoever he was, his time and help are massively appreciated! He’s a credit to VM!

Massive thanks to the guy!