cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement remote received, but not the same as original

vfr
Up to speed

Hi, I received a replacement remote for one of my TV360 as the original one had some faulty buttons. However, the new one is a bit different and not as well featured as the one it replaced.

It is slightly smaller, but this is not a problem.

What is less helpful is that my previous remote used to backlight the buttons when you moved the remote, handy for watching in low light conditions.

But the biggest issue is that the find my remote doesn't work on the new one. I am doing it correctly as I checked on my other box, but not this one.

Not ideal as I have just spent 30 minutes hunting for where my 5 month old Springer pup decided to walk off with it to. 😁

Is this the only remote that is now available and if not, how do I go about getting the exact replacement for what I had?

Thanks

Calum

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that the remote which only takes two batteries and doesn’t have the backlight feature will have the ‘find remote’ feature fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie

Thanks for the information.

One for the VM staff once they get to this topic, is it possible to supply the original TV360 remote I had?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi vfr / Calum 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Community Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some problems with your TV remote and aren't as happy with the new version as you were with the old one!

When TV360 was first released, the additional two batteries in the remote provided the functionality for the backlight feature on the remote. Our products are changing constantly and we're currently making major efforts towards more environmentally-friendly services and equipment - because of this, we no longer offer the 4-battery backlit remotes for new/replacement orders.

In regard to the "Find my Remote" feature, I've tested this on my own home equipment, which has the same style of remote as you, as it has worked. To clarify, have you paired the new remote with the TV Box? Can you also confirm that when attempting to use the feature, are you pressing down both the '-' and '+' buttons for 10+ seconds?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

Thanks for the information, yes the remote has paired with the box. I got the successful pairing message and that "this remote will only work with this box", it successfully changes channels and accesses menus etc with no issues.

I am pressing + and - for 10 seconds and releasing, but no sound is made from the remote control. I repeated it once I had the found remote control to make sure it wasn't just a range/smothered remote issue and it didn't make any difference.

I also checked I was doing it right by repeating it on my other TV360 box which has the original style remote and that worked as expected.

Faulty new remote?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Calum 👋

Thanks for providing those details and the steps you've taken to attempt to resolve this issue.

It is certainly odd that the feature isn't working, so I've ordered you a new one. This should be with you within the next 5 working days. Once you've received it, you will need to unpair your faulty remote with your TV360 Box. 

You can do this by holding the TV and Rewind buttons down simultaneously for 5 seconds, and then releasing them both. From there, try pressing any buttons, and they should be unresponsive - you'll then just need to pop the batteries out to prevent the remote from attempting to re-pair.

From there, you simply just need to pair the new remote. You can do this through the standard method which is by pressing the TV and 0 buttons for 10 seconds whilst pointing the remote at the box - you'll then see the standard pop-up on the TV Screen.

It is also recommended to leave the remote control directly next to or near the TV box for at least 30 minutes (with the TV box on) after pairing a new remote. Once that's done, please give the "Find My Remote" function a go and let us know what happens 😃

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ