cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeats get recorded

russdavies
On our wavelength

When are Virgin Media going to sort out the problem of repeats getting recorded again? I can program the box to record something, watch it, delete it, and when it’s repeated again the same week it records again. I’m forever having to delete programs I’ve already watched e.g. Gardeners World records on a Friday night, we’ll watch it maybe on Saturday, delete it, and then it records the repeat of the program that is shown on Sunday morning. This never used to be a problem with the TiVo box!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rufus57
Up to speed

When you set up a series link you need to go into the "advanced" menu option and select "new episodes only".

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Rufus57
Up to speed

When you set up a series link you need to go into the "advanced" menu option and select "new episodes only".

Hi Rufus57. Thanks for the response. I’ll give that a try and see what happens. I normally set up my recordings from my iPad or iPhone using Virgin Go, but there never seems to be an option to only record new episodes on programs I have tried to set up. Maybe I’ll just have to stick to using the TV360 box to program recordings from now on.

Using Android TVGO, should be the same as the iOS version, when you press record you get a box with ' more options ' if you select  Record you don't get ' New Only ' but you have ' This episode and onwards '.

russdavies
On our wavelength

I normally have it set to ‘this episode and onwards’, but if ‘this episode’ gets repeated a few days later, it records ‘this episode’ again.

Hi Russdavies,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your recordings looked into, I am sorry if this is causing some frustration for you. 

I can see you've been given some helpful information by the other Users, has this helped to resolve the issue since you last posted?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan
So far so good, but I’ll keep an eye on it. Pity I can’t set up ‘new episodes only’ on my iPad.

I have another issue now. If I have several episodes of a series recorded, when it gets towards the end of an episode, a message comes up asking if you want to watch the next episode. If you leave it, after a short time it will jump to the next episode before the previous one has finished and you miss the ending. We have to cancel the ‘next episode’ message every time to avoid missing the end of it. It seems a pointless feature if there’s no way of controlling when it cuts off the previous episode. Or have I missed a setting somewhere?

@russdavies wrote:

Hi Megan
So far so good, but I’ll keep an eye on it. Pity I can’t set up ‘new episodes only’ on my iPad.

I have another issue now. If I have several episodes of a series recorded, when it gets towards the end of an episode, a message comes up asking if you want to watch the next episode. If you leave it, after a short time it will jump to the next episode before the previous one has finished and you miss the ending. We have to cancel the ‘next episode’ message every time to avoid missing the end of it. It seems a pointless feature if there’s no way of controlling when it cuts off the previous episode. Or have I missed a setting somewhere?

I've posted about this bug already but see Message 8 of 8 in this thread, for a workaround:

Solved: 360 Bug still present...... - Virgin Media Community - 5115546

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @russdavies

Thanks for your reply and good afternoon.

Please do be sure to keep us updated with how you get on so we can investigate further if necessary.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

By using the advance options to select new episodes only, it appears to work. I’ve gone back through all my existing planned series recordings and edited them using this option and not had any more problems. It’s a pity I can’t select this option from my iPad or iPhone!