cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove channels not part of package

DCFC79
Dialled in

On the basic TV channel package and obviously there's some channels I don't get but are still showing in the guide, is there a way I can remove these channels I don't get ?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DCFC79 

You can use Profiles on the 360 box to set up the EPG in a way that allows you to control exactly what you see listed for channels. The 'Shared' profile will always show all channels.

To set up favourites you have to create a profile or profiles. Each profile can set up their own set of favourite channels. Go via the settings menu, or press the profile button on the side of the remote control.

Select the profile (or the big + sign to add a new profile)
Select the pen symbol under the profile name (or go through the new profile set up if you selected the +)

Go to manage channels (or select Create List if you just created a profile)

Select each channel you want by pressing OK (you should get a heart symbol next to the channel) Once you have at least 3 channels, pressing the back button (the bottom left symbol under the OK circle on the remote) will save them.

You can view your favourites by pressing the profile button on the side of the remote and selecting your profile.

If you want your favourites to be there by default all the time then go to Settings > Profiles > Default Profile on Start Up and select your profile.
That way, when you use the box only your favourites will show in the channel list and guide.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, I'll do it later.

Have followed your instructions but I'm not wanting to setup favourite channels, I'm wanting to reduce the number of channels on the guide as being on the lowest package there's alot of channels in grey.

I get to the option to select channels but how do I know which channels to add.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a list of 360 channels here 

ChannelGuide_360_December_21.pdf 

And also this one which might be easier to read, you need to scroll down the page

virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide 

Your channels should be in column 1 if you are on the lowest package.

You can set up more than one profile. You could select one profile with just the channels in your package, for instance another for Sports Channels, or under a partners name so their favourite channels are listed.

You can easily switch between profiles by pressing the button on the right hand side of the 360 remote.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@DCFC79 wrote:

Have followed your instructions but I'm not wanting to setup favourite channels, I'm wanting to reduce the number of channels on the guide as being on the lowest package there's alot of channels in grey.

I get to the option to select channels but how do I know which channels to add.

There is no way to delete channels from the EPG all you can do is set up a profie. Knowing which channels to add is up to you, you can either add all the channels not greyed out and then set that up as the default profile or just the channels you watch. You should be able to do this by following newapollo's instructions.

A shame there isn't an option on the box to just remove channels not part of your package.

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It looks like that's the way VM, Sky, BT etc try to encourage customers to upgrade.

Please keep an eye on https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/  and https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit 

VM sometimes give freebies to customers such as access to channels they don't subscribe to for say 2 weeks or a month. (Yes it's another way to try and get people to upgrade)

Hopefully they may add some in time for Christmas

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

roy247
Community elder

It's also a guide to say what you could have if you want it, could it be described in marketing terms as a teaser.