cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Pin V360 box

Stevecollins
Tuning in

How do I remove the Pin requirement when trying to access post watershed programmes. Only adults in the house so this is a pointless feature that is really annoying!

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

Click on Settings > Parental Controls > Watershed recordings PIN and switch to OFF.

You will still need the pin though for programs, catchup and on demand for Sky Movies, Sky Documentaries and Sky Comedy 

This is due to updated rules from OFCOM that allow non-premium or adult channels to show content outside of it's usual watershed hours in return for the channels being behind PIN protection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By means of background info on "Mandatory Daytime Protection", you may find this page on the Ofcom site an interesting read.

The pertinent statement is "scheduled television channels to show programmes, which can currently only be shown after the 9pm watershed, before this time, but only if mandatory daytime protection is in place." - which the Sky basic channels take advantage of.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the replies, makes sense....