cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote won’t save TV settings.

KM11
Tuning in

Hi all. Small problem. I have a Hisense 55” tv and have set the remote to switch on, volume up & down and mute…
All works well for a few days, then the remote reverts back to a “Visio” tv setting and nothing works on the tv. 
Any ideas out there? 

27 REPLIES 27

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI KM11, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the TV remote syncing with your equipment. 

When the problem occurs, has the set top box been rebooted at all? Also can you please confirm which set top box you have from us 🙂 

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further.

Thanks

Nat

Hi, the box I have is a V6 which I upped to 360. 
As far as I’m aware, the box hasn’t updated/rebooted lately. Unless it can reboot while it’s asleep at all. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @KM11 

Is your TV a Hisense or Hisense-Roku, if it's the Roku then select Hisense-Roku when pairing.

If you use the key testing options when pairing then don't just accept the first one that works, try a few more.

Try setting up your Hisense using the 4 characters after the screen size for example if your model was 32H5590F then enter H559 in the 360 settings

If you haven't already under Settings > System > Standby power consumption try selecting Fast start. (Active start and Eco (slow start) may be causing the 360 to forget remote pairings)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

This is happening to me too with my Hisense TV. Usually overnight so I'll try changing the settings as suggested and see if that works.

Hi Dave, I have already done the four digit code alongside the model designation - H55M I think it was. 
Also, the startup is already on ‘fast’ too. 
As for the manufacturer, I think it is just a Hisense, rather then Hisense-Roku. There are no references to Roku anywhere. Incidentally the model is H55M3300 if that helps. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again KM11,

In the settings where it says Enter device model number please try typing in M330 fingerscrossed.gif

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I’ve done that. All works - power, volume & mute. So I guess I’ll have to report back in a couple of days. See if it holds the code. 
Thanks for your help. Hopefully this will work. 

furrypotato
On our wavelength

Update for me - having chsbged to fast start, my box kept the TV settings overnight.

But then lost them again today during viewing.

I've now updated by manually adding m3300 and will wait and see.

OK so nothing I try fixed this.

I've added the model number manually, it still loses it.

Tried changing HDMI ports on.tv, changing to fast wake-up etc.

Sometimes it loses the remote setting in the middle of the day, not even overnight.

Ingot to say, really annoying. Any other suggestions ?