cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote turns tv on and off repeatedly

DaveyR
Joining in

Hi,

My Virgin Media 360 remote has very recently started to turn my Samsung TV on and off repeatedly and won't allow me to press any of the buttons (Home, Guide etc).

I have tried to re-boot the remote by holding TV & rewind for 10 secs, and also TV & 0 for 10 seconds but to no avail.

I was advised that the price of a new remote is €20 which i'm not happy to pay considering it's nothing I've done!

Any advice would be great, thanks a mill!

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveyR wrote:

Hi,

My Virgin Media 360 remote has very recently started to turn my Samsung TV on and off repeatedly and won't allow me to press any of the buttons (Home, Guide etc).

I have tried to re-boot the remote by holding TV & rewind for 10 secs, and also TV & 0 for 10 seconds but to no avail.

I was advised that the price of a new remote is €20 which i'm not happy to pay considering it's nothing I've done!

Any advice would be great, thanks a mill!

Hi @DaveyR 

With the cost showing as 20 euros it looks like you are based in ireland.

I'm afraid these forums are UK customers so forum staff won't have access to your account.

You would need to use one of the contact methods shown on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ 

You can use the TVGO app as a temprary remote.

You might also be able to use yuor TV smart control.

I've got an LG Nano and the LG Smart remote can control the majority of the 360 functions (but not the voice)

I can set up the 360 with my LG Smart remote by selecting Virgin as the device.

It also works if I type in either Ziggo or Ziggo Mediabox Next

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DaveyR, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

Would you be able to confirm if you are a UK or IE customer as we only deal with UK accounts. 

Have you managed to get this resolved?  ^Chris. 

Hi, 

Thanks for the replies. I am an Irish customer but haven't got the issue resolved, I am just using the remote in the Virgin media app currently, which isn't great but does the job! 

Hi DaveyR

Sorry to hear of the TV Remote issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We are able support Uk customers, if you're based in the Republic of Ireland you can contact the team there using any of the methods here. There is help here for remote controls.

Rob