cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote suddenly not working

emmmme3
Tuning in

All of a sudden my remote has stopped working, but only certain buttons e.g. left works, but none of the other directions do. I’ve reset my box, put in new batteries, tried to unpair (but the buttons needed to do so are the ones that aren’t working) but nothing has worked. Any tips? Can I fix it myself or do I need a new remote? Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @emmmme3 

Hhave you tried factory resetting the remote?

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote. 

If the remote appears to have stopped working wiggle it a few times.

Also check under Settings > System > Standby Power Consumtion is on Fast Start

If you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power then press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions.

If the volume buttons aren't working on your 360 double check under Settings > Audio Video > Volume keys control that it isn't set to (TV make) amplifier instead of your TV make.

You can download  the Virgin TV Go app as a temporary remote. It can be used to manage your recordings, and stream live TV and on demand content, also Sky Cinema using TV GO

/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, given the buttons that aren’t working, none of those options work for me. I’ll download the app for now and contact Virgin about getting a replacement I think

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI emmmme3

It is possible to order a replacement Remote here  

Gareth_L