cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote looses pairing

Mpl
Tuning in

Hi, just had virgin media installed, engineer had rouble pairing remote to main Tv, had to use code of television and not manufacture (Panasonic) remote looses pairing every time we switch of tv and we have to re-pair, it keeps telling me to change TV set up to Visio . ? 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've just had Virgin installed, you won't have a V6 but will instead have a 360, the software is completely different and so the advice will be different.

The boxes are shown here - can you confirm?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Apologies yes it is the 360, the remote requires pairing every time it is switched on.

Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mpl,

Have you tried factory resetting the 360 remote? To do this press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds.  You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

To pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

Press Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices ? Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@Mpl wrote:

Hi, just had virgin media installed, engineer had rouble pairing remote to main Tv, had to use code of television and not manufacture (Panasonic) remote looses pairing every time we switch of tv and we have to re-pair, it keeps telling me to change TV set up to Visio . ? 

Unfortunately not a new problem, you could read this thread where the forum team say it has been reported as a problem,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/TV-360-found-new-device-to-pair-with-your-remote-...

or search the Virgin TV 360 forum for " Vizio", I don't believe there is a fix in any of the threads but it may make you know you are not alone. 😥