cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote controls no longer light up on movement

ZinG
Dialled in

As the titles suggests we have two upgraded V6 boxes and just received the new remotes for when we.uohraded to tv360.

When we first had them they would light up briefly on movement (of more use in the bedroom) which we found useful and now the remote only pulses the power button on movement (if the box is in standby)

Initially I though it was just the remote but on checking the living room box that remote is also exhibiting the same behaviour.

Has something changed? I really cannot see how two remotes would stop otherwise.

20 REPLIES 20

roy247
Community elder

Could you ask them to make the lights stay on for a few seconds more please.

Yes that would be good if they can turn them off and on with an update surely the length of time illuminated could be altered.

A setting on the box would be good so if you prefer to not have the lights turn them off and the duration of you do

We will seek to feed back this preference in regards to the lights staying on for longer for you and hopefully we can add this to any future software updates

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Still no lights on my remote , was the fix supposed to reconfigure them ? 

Kickoverthestatues

Lights were back on ours last night so the fix is being rolled out for sure

Lights back on now .....all good 

Kickoverthestatues

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for dropping back and confirming, glad to hear 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I'm new to the 360 and immediately hit problems with it. In this forum I read several comments from users wanting the time the remote buttons were lit to be extended. Those comments were Nov/Dec 2020. It seems unlikely that vm are going to do alter the illumination time now.

Sorry, meant to quote one of the earlier posts saying this feature might be in a future upgrade.

Also meant to say that mine is a v6 box, "upgraded" to 360....and it's version 4.31

My remote buttons DO light up... Sometimes. Other times I get a pulsing power button only.

The illumination time is totally inadequate and the lights have gone out by the time I've brought the remote up.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just my own thoughts, but having the display light up for longer would shorten the remote battery life. 

I'm also on 4.31 and haven't seen anyone suggest it's been changed in any subsequent updates.

I guess VM can't really please everybody all of the time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali