cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control dead

AshleyM00
On our wavelength

Hi there, 

My Virgin 360 remote has stopped working. I have changed the batteries and still no joy. Is it possible to get sent a new one? Thanks.

Ash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AshleyM00, thanks for the PM, I am glad to hear that this is on the way to becoming resolved. 

Please let us know how it goes?

Kind regards, Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

Does the light on the front of the box flash when you try and use the remote.

Have you tried factory resetting and repairing the remote,

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

If it's still not working, then I always say the quickest way to get a new remote would be to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

AshleyM00
On our wavelength

Hi, I did try the reset and no, nothing lights up.

I will give them a call unless a moderator can arrange a replacement for me.

Thanks

Ash

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AshleyM00 

In the meantime you can use the TVGO app as a temporary remote. Download links on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/broadband/go-control 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

If your TV has a smart remote you might be able to pair that to the 360 box, my LG smart remote is paired to the 360 using Ziggo Set-Top box. You might need Ziggo Mediabox Next depending on the TV.

Hi AshleyM00, 

Thanks for posting this on our forums, I am sorry your remote has gone kapoot! 

We can't order new remotes from here, however you can pop onto this link 👉 Lost/Damaged Remote which will allow you to order a replacement. 

You can also try calling the TV faults team like @roy247 mentioned on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 2 then 2 and they will be able to help 😊

You could also try Roy's other idea about pairing your Smart TV's remote to the Virgin Media box, however this isn't something we can help with so Roy may need to assist further with that 👨‍🔧
If you have any other issues or questions, please feel free to reach out!

Thanks,

Megan_L

AshleyM00
On our wavelength

Hi Megan,

Thanks for coming back to me, ill call 150 from my landline 🙂 Have a good weekend.

Ash

roy247
Community elder

Hi @Megan_L,

The Lost or Damaged remote link doesn't allow you to order one for 360 it ask's you to call Virgin, it work's for the V6 box. I don't know if it has ever worked for 360 to be honest.

AshleyM00
On our wavelength

Yes I noticed this 😞 😞

Hi AshleyM00, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and this is not the experience which we want you to have. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris.