cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control Low Battery Warning

thrice
Superfast

I have just had one of my 360 remotes die on me without warning - or without one I could see. I replaced the batteries and it was working again. Is there a low battery warning or is this a feature yet to be implemented?

12 REPLIES 12

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a low battery warning and, personally, I think it gets it wrong, reporting low battery when not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have yet to see any low battery warning, Ernie. Wrong or not, where is it?

I've never had to change the batteries for either of my 360s

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The remote actually works with just 2 batteries, it doesn't need all 4, so you can remove 2 and save them for later use.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When I start from standby, I get a low battery warning.

Re, only two batteries needed - could the other two drive the lighting up of the keys?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The remote doesn't light up with only 2 batteries, however losing that function isn't a hardship to me.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

bristolboy91uk
Tuning in

i got the same issue... so annoying 

roy247
Community elder

@thrice wrote:
I have yet to see any low battery warning, Ernie. Wrong or not, where is it?

Like Ernie says it usually pops up in the top right corner just after you turn the 360 on, there is no battery check which you can use from settings which would be more useful just in case you missed the pop up. I also think it may not be that accurate or it's one of those devices that doesn't like rechargeable batteries.

I’ve had my remote since 02/12/20 and it’s well used, more voice than any other function, and I haven’t had to change batteries as yet, I have also took the batteries out 1 side st a time and remote does work with just 2 batteries as well as the light… doesn’t seem to matter which side has batteries in either.  So I’m wondering why it has 4 batteries at all….