cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red recorded circle with slice missing

kteirvine
Dialled in

I have a programme in my recorded list, which is a red circle with a slice missing. Can someone advise what that signifies please.

I’ve searched everywhere to try and find out about Virgin Media’s icons for the TV360, but have drawn a complete blank about this. I wondered if meant I missed the end of the programme, but when I fast forwarded I could see the credits rolling. The only other thing I could think of was if I’d had to reboot the TV360 box during recording, so a section was missing. Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kteirvine 

I have one recorded program with the same "pacman" icon - it's one I had started recording after the program began. 

When I played it back I only watched part of the recording and left the rest to continue watching later.

Upon playing it back, the program only recorded from the point I pressed record. It recorded until the end.

On my All Recordings screen shown below there is also a line to the left of the recorded  amount of time which denotes I've only partioally watched it.

When clicking on the actual recording to play it, below the program title is the date it was shown, along with the "pacman" symbol saying "Partially recorded" image below.

pacman.jpgpacman 2.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Basically it means a partial recording, if a programme has already started and you press record it will show this, also if you cancel a recording before it gets to the end it does this. If it gets repeated I have found it gets recorded again but I would like to guarantee that.

Edit; That should have been, wouldn't like to guarantee that.

OH interrupted causing typo.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kteirvine 

I have one recorded program with the same "pacman" icon - it's one I had started recording after the program began. 

When I played it back I only watched part of the recording and left the rest to continue watching later.

Upon playing it back, the program only recorded from the point I pressed record. It recorded until the end.

On my All Recordings screen shown below there is also a line to the left of the recorded  amount of time which denotes I've only partioally watched it.

When clicking on the actual recording to play it, below the program title is the date it was shown, along with the "pacman" symbol saying "Partially recorded" image below.

pacman.jpgpacman 2.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

This is against part 2 of The Catch. I didn’t press the record button on the remote to watch it, I set it up as a series recording prior to the series starting. I haven’t watched any of the series yet.

I think I may have rebooted the box as I couldn’t get into my Home Screen tabs (the old Oops message), meaning I may be missing up to 5 minutes out the programme. Doh! It’s on C5, so hopefully it might have happened when the adverts were on 🙏🤞  

Thanks folks. At least I know what a red Pac-Man is for now. I’m a 🤡 🤣

Hi Kteirvine,

Thanks for posting this question about the "red Pac Man" symbol as @newapollo put it lol 

It's a fair question and other people may be scratching their head about this too, luckily you've now created a forum thread to explain it for anyone wondering 😎

If you have any other questions about your TV services - Or anything else for that matter - Please create a new post and we will be more than happy to help! 

Thanks for your help NewApollo & @roy247
Megan_L

Just to add that we watched Part 2 of The Catch last night. Despite it showing that part of the show had not been recorded, I’m pleased to advise that it was in fact recorded completely, without any blips. Go figure!