cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red exclamation mark in circle next to recording

jonathanm
Up to speed

Hi, 

I've got a recording on the TV360 box that has a red exclamation mark after it asks it only has the option to delete the recording. Anyone know what this symbol means? I did see another post good this but they also had a message alerting to a full HDD where mine is only at 11%.

If it makes any difference if was a remote recording set from the TV go app for the film Bridge of Spies on 26th Dec. 

I've tries searching for an icon or other more detailed user guide but I didn't find anything.

Anyone know of any documentation or what the icon means and what could have caused it? 

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

It could just be a change on the tv guide, what time and channel was the recording set for, from a quick look on the guide I can't see it on Sky Cinema for that day and a search is only showing it available from Virgin Media Store for £8.99, not sure it's worth that but that's just my opinion.

It was on More4 HD, Sun 26 Dec at 17:10. Just looking at recording on the TV Go app it has a little more, saying "Recording failed due to a technical issue". But still not really why, which was more what I was curious about. 

I agree on the price and tbh I'm not that bothered and I've a feeling I've already seen it. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @jonathanm 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that there was a technical issues with your recording. 

Has this occurred on any other recording or has it just been this one? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,
It was just this one, if I remember it was one I set up remotely reading through the VM edit for TV/film suggestions. Box is in Eco power mode so recording was "scheduled" for when it was next online. Quite a few of these scheduled recording didn't even record, but this one had the 'technical issue'.

I've not seen this issue since, but unsure of the reliability of remote recordings for the eco power mode (web interface or the TV Go app). But think I'd rather save power for the majority of time the box is off.

Cheers

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

That is likely to be the cause in that case - if you do find that you have further issues with recordings whilst your box is not in ECO mode, do let us know and we'll be happy to help further.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth