cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red button.

Deedee011
Joining in

Why cant i use the interactive red button on sky sports to watch the championship games. Never worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure you are on 503 or 513.

Press Red. After the splash screen disappears press the ‘…’ button on the right side of the remote. This will bring up a menu of the matches available.

Be warned the sound you get may not match the match (excuse the pun) that is on the screen. It’s an ongoing issue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure you are on 503 or 513.

Press Red. After the splash screen disappears press the ‘…’ button on the right side of the remote. This will bring up a menu of the matches available.

Be warned the sound you get may not match the match (excuse the pun) that is on the screen. It’s an ongoing issue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you very much for this, worked 💪 

jpeccles
Tuning in

Exactly same as per usual press Red on correct channel splash screen flashes up and off again. 

All I have is blue bar at bottom. Saying press backup to exit to video menu. 

... Button does nothing for me. 

I have reset box multiple times, second time killed power for 5 minutes 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jpeccles wrote:

Exactly same as per usual press Red on correct channel splash screen flashes up and off again. 

All I have is blue bar at bottom. Saying press backup to exit to video menu. 

I have reset box multiple times, second time killed power for 5 minutes 

When you see the blue bar press the contextual button (three dots) on the remote as per my instructions above. This will produce a pop-up menu from the bottom bar.

Briant1
Tuning in

Red button not working, everything turned off and back on made no difference.....

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Known-issue-Sky-Sports-Red-Button-Football/td-p/5... 

No that was not the problem, switching to the red button should give a choice of match, only takes me to the main match showing on the channel I was watching

SannyBay4
On our wavelength

Red button not working at all for me this evening - a familiar problem... 

roy247
Community elder

It's working for me, you need to be on 503, press the red button and the the info button (...), for some reason the top game is  Blackburn V Sunderland which was played last night.