cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Button sound on SkySports golf

Aitch86
Tuning in

Why is there no sound via the red button on skysports golf today, except for a constant tone?

picture is there no commentary. PGA Wells Fargo event

15 REPLIES 15

JanBayford
Joining in

I have the same problem and have been having the problem every day. I also had the problem for the Zurich and the Heritage. It is a nightmare. Last Thursday I rang Virgin and the support person sent some sort of signal to fix the problem but not until I had faffed about for about an hour trudging off the V6 box etc. I finally got the sound and hung up. Then, I needed to change channel and as soon as I switched back - no sound again!  Today I am on the point of throwing the V6 box out of the window!

This is not good enough. When are Virgin going to sort this out permanently.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Aitch86,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear there was no sound when watching Sky Sports Golf on the Red button, this isn't something we were aware of, I will get this fed back.

Regards

Paul.

Once again no sound last weekend on sky sports golf red button (sd). Today  there is no sound other than an awful high pitched tone. Area ref 22😡.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @coypu13 

The area number isn't  geographical, it's actually a billing area number based on the old cable franchises so doen't help with any errors.

I'm based in Teesside and have the same humming sound on the red button.

Actually I don't know why the red button feed for the PGA Tour John Deere Classic is showing because it's not advertised  as available on  

https://www.skysports.com/watch/sport-on-sky 

That Sky site shows that the LET: Amundi German Masters was available from 1pm, but as per the red button onscreen graphic it's now concluded

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have now got volume on S/S Golf red button, unfortunately the commentary is from the Formula 1 channel🤯! Can somebody from VM please raise this as a fault.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there coypu13, 

May I ask has this issue occurred previously with the red button service?

Let us know,

Kain

Yes many times and it's still happening right now!

Hi coypu13, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the red button, does only happen when you watch the Golf or is this with all games/ sporting events? Does rebooting the box change anything and has anything improved since posting? ^CW

I get the same. F1 commentary ver all golf red button coverage,