cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering accidentally deleted recordings

Sparky3366
Dialled in

Are there any plans to reinstate the ability to recover accidental programme deletions? It is one of a few things that were on the V6 and not on the 360. I only changed to the 360 because of the voice activated remote as I was told that there were no plans to add the voice search to the V6…is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Sparky3366 

VM are aware of the may users that have asked for the ability to restore accidently deleted recordings and it's been passed back to the deleopment team.

I'm not sure how good the chances are of actually getting that as the 360 were first introduced for the Ziggo boxes (VM's Dutch arm) and that facility wasn't included as over there they have cloud recordings. 

From what I've read it seems the broadcasters in the UK don't want cloud recording.

I think it's highly unlikely that voice search will be added to the V6 as that uses TIVO which VM have moved away from.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Sparky3366 

VM are aware of the may users that have asked for the ability to restore accidently deleted recordings and it's been passed back to the deleopment team.

I'm not sure how good the chances are of actually getting that as the 360 were first introduced for the Ziggo boxes (VM's Dutch arm) and that facility wasn't included as over there they have cloud recordings. 

From what I've read it seems the broadcasters in the UK don't want cloud recording.

I think it's highly unlikely that voice search will be added to the V6 as that uses TIVO which VM have moved away from.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virtually all of VM's development focus is now on the TV360 platform, TiVo/V6 is incredibly mature and stable now.

As for what the development plans are for new V360 features, VM have strong form in not announcing things until they're actually live.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks