cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings

covkid69
Up to speed

Might have asked before but can’t remember. 
ive got a series link or whatever it’s called in 360 world for Corrie and if I look in planned recordings it’s only showing the 7.30 one and not the 8.30 one. If I go into the TV guide it shows it as due to record. 
why does it not show all planned recordings and why can’t we check what series links we have set. 
getting really frustrated with this 360 and do not trust it to get all my shows recorded.
As always any help appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't help with your specific query as I use V6. But just on your past posts, you can view these by going to your forum profile page (just click on your username), and scroll to the bottom...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/294926 - and yes, you've mentioned 360 recording issues a few times 🙂

The facility to manage your series links is not currently available in 360, but without being able to test your specific example, you should be able to set manual recordings if the SL fails for whatever reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

43 REPLIES 43

roy247
Community elder

@covkid69 wrote:

Might have asked before but can’t remember. 
ive got a series link or whatever it’s called in 360 world for Corrie and if I look in planned recordings it’s only showing the 7.30 one and not the 8.30 one. If I go into the TV guide it shows it as due to record. 
why does it not show all planned recordings and why can’t we check what series links we have set. 
getting really frustrated with this 360 and do not trust it to get all my shows recorded.
As always any help appreciated 

If you press OK on the episode shown in planned recordings it will then show any other planned recordings.

No way to see and manage series links like there was with V6 and TiVo.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't help with your specific query as I use V6. But just on your past posts, you can view these by going to your forum profile page (just click on your username), and scroll to the bottom...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/294926 - and yes, you've mentioned 360 recording issues a few times 🙂

The facility to manage your series links is not currently available in 360, but without being able to test your specific example, you should be able to set manual recordings if the SL fails for whatever reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

One of these days I might be able to sort this [Removed] 360 out. Just wish I could go back to v6 and dump this nightmare. 
why did virgin rush this out while the software was so [Removed] awful.

have looked at what you said about Corrie and yeah if I click on it there is the next episode showing but why does it not show in planned recordings without have to [Removed] about constantly pressing buttons 🤬🤬🤬
cheers for your help

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Planned Recordings display on TV 360 only shows a single entry for each program due to record.

This evening, for Coronation Street, you will see this entry has (series) annotated behind the entry.

This means that the program has multiple episodes due to record.

If you press OK on the entry, you will see both of tonight’s episodes and all future episodes which are in the current Guide and due to record.

@covkid69 wrote:

One of these days I might be able to sort this bloody 360 out. Just wish I could go back to v6 and dump this nightmare. 
why did virgin rush this out while the software was so bloody awful.

have looked at what you said about Corrie and yeah if I click on it there is the next episode showing but why does it not show in planned recordings without have to fanny about constantly pressing buttons 🤬🤬🤬
cheers for your help

Basically it just reduces the list you may have on screen to make it easier to find thing's. Any series link recordings will have "series"  next to them.

Thanks for that info which sort of makes sense but I have other series links set like gold divers and that doesn’t say series after it and neither does who wants to be a millionaire. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… then that means that currently there is only one episode set to record from that series because no others are available.

covkid69
Up to speed

I have a series link set for rolling in it on a Saturday night...now this piece of garbage 360 software is not recording it until 11.50am tomorrow.....why does it choose stupid times to record things....I want it to record on the very first showing not a [Removed] repeat.

It has recorded it fine on a saturday night since this series started so why [Removed] change it now.

I have other series links set that record in the early hours of the morning.

Is there any way of forcing the [Removed] thing to record when I want it to and not when it feels like it.

Any help greatly appreciated as always

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@covkid69 wrote:

I have a series link set for rolling in it on a Saturday night...now this piece of garbage 360 software is not recording it until 11.50am tomorrow.....why does it choose stupid times to record things....I want it to record on the very first showing not a repeat.

@covkid69

Can you provide a specific example? Which programme/series?