cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings won’t download

Ivygreen
Tuning in

Can’t download and watch recordings on my second box in bedroom it comes up with a error message cs2200 any advice 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ivygreen 

As per the online help you will probably have to contact Faults 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2200-contactus 

You have more than one box. Are they both master boxes, or is one a  mini box?

If it's a main box and a mini then make surr the main box is turned on as that's where the recordings are stored. The mini doesn't have  a hard drive.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Does this affect all recordings or just certain ones? If just certain ones are there any specific programs or specific channels?

Do you have any problems stopping and pausing live programs, and then playing them back?  If you do it's probably a hard drive issueas stopping and pausing live TV is the same as recording.

Do you have any saved recordings at all?

You could try factory resetting the 360

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

If you choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Unless you do have a few recording which you want to keep (and they do play back correctly) then choose the second option Format Disk.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ivygreen 

As per the online help you will probably have to contact Faults 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2200-contactus 

You have more than one box. Are they both master boxes, or is one a  mini box?

If it's a main box and a mini then make surr the main box is turned on as that's where the recordings are stored. The mini doesn't have  a hard drive.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Does this affect all recordings or just certain ones? If just certain ones are there any specific programs or specific channels?

Do you have any problems stopping and pausing live programs, and then playing them back?  If you do it's probably a hard drive issueas stopping and pausing live TV is the same as recording.

Do you have any saved recordings at all?

You could try factory resetting the 360

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

If you choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Unless you do have a few recording which you want to keep (and they do play back correctly) then choose the second option Format Disk.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It worked thank you so much

Hi there @Ivygreen

Thank you so much for posting again to the forums and welcome back.

I'm so glad to hear this was resolved for you and I just wanted to pop by and say a big thank you to @newapollo for their help. We really appreciate the advise provided and are so glad it appears to have worked. 

If you do need any help in the future please do pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help.