cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings on 360

SophieLH
Joining in

I need help with recording issues. 

I record certain kids programs - Hey Duggee for instance - but before the recording has finished playing Duggee, it gives you 10 seconds ish to click if you want to keep watching or changes to the next one. I can’t find out how to turn this option off? As it’s no good when I’m not in the room. 

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By the behaviour you are describing you are not watching a recording, but viewing On Demand programmes via the BBC iPlayer app. When an episode is ending they are offering you the next programme in the series you are watching.

There is no way of turning this off. The functionality of the iPlayer app is the BBCs responsibility & is standard. So whether you view programmes on a Virgin box, directly on a TV or on a mobile device, the iPlayer apps will still behave in this way.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi SophieLH,

Unfortunately you can't turn off the "Start next Episode" option, you are not alone in thinking that this would be an easy option to add to the settings and has been mentioned several times on the forum.

The problem is caused by the programme not being in total sync with the timings on the TV guide so the 360 thinks the programme has finished or playing the credits at the end, some channels are worse than others for this especially when they show several episodes one after the other.

Hi, thanks for your reply but it’s definitely a recording - I use iplayer / Netflix etc so know how they behave and they don’t switch it to the next program while the current one is still playing. 

Its definitely a virgin media recordings issue. 

Thanks - glad I’m not alone! 

It would help if they allowed it to be turned off! I’ve now extend the recoding times as the kids programs as so short.

this would make sense in what you are saying - hopefully extending the recording helps but doubtful. 

thanks.

Hi Sophie LH,

If you are recording several of these kid's programmes they are usually short, what you could do is just record the first episode and use the advanced options to extend the recording so it records all the episodes as one.