cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings failing due to scheduling conflict

MartJ
Rising star

Installed our new 360 box yesterday, set to record a film over night, just one program yet it failed to record due to a scheduling conflict, yet no other programs were being recorded. My wife set a series link to record Strictly Come Dancing, having checked it hasn’t recorded due to the scheduling conflict again no other program recording at same time.

I can’t see where we are conflating what are we doing wrong? 

Martin
5 REPLIES 5

MartJ
Rising star

Tried various recordings yesterday, single ones, series links either via box or attempted via TV GO all failed with scheduling conflict, I haven't tried recording via mini box because I am still waiting for the missing adaptor cable to connect to the wall connection.

We are not very happy with service we are getting at the moment, can't record, one box out of actions whilst we wait for cable which was ordered Thursday, no confirmation from Virgin Media that its even on it way.

Martin

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Martin,

You could try a factory reset of the 360.  

To factory reset go to Settings >  System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

When you are finally able to set up the mini box go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.

Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you be using on the main box. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start 

The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @MartJ,

Welcome back! Thank you for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your recordings.

I can see from your account that the system has noticed some errors on your equipment, this will require an engineer.

I will send you a private message so I can arrange this for you, please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

What sort of errors, not noticing anything here. We can’t access live tv on mini box as we are waiting for a missing adapter cable.

I did a factory reset last night which has allowed us to starting recording and scheduling programs

Martin

Hi MartJ, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It looks as though there were a few historical errors showing up on our side. They seem to have reset now though so the factory reset more than likely cleared them. 

I'm glad things are working for you currently. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further.

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs