cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings disappeared/deleted

paulg262
Dialled in

We are on Virgin 360 and have two Virgin boxes. We have two profiles set up one for me and one for my wife. We have been away for a couple of days and she has come to watch some of the programs that she had recorded and were showing on the recordings before we went away and all her recorded programmes have disappeared. Mine are all still there but all her have gone. It was not a case of the system being full as it was showing at just 20% before we went away.

Has anyone else had this problem and should I be contacting Virgin as the boxes may be faulty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Are the boxes 2 upgraded V6 boxes so they both have hard drives. If that's the case and the recordings that have disappeared are all on one box so there are no recordings left on that box and all the recordings you have left are on the other box. Then you probably do have a faulty box.

You could try doing a factory reset and if you have no recordings select the option to format the hard drive, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If it does it again you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or come back here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

If you do have 2 boxes with hard drives and have one replaced there is a good chance it will be replaced with a 360 mini box with no hard drive.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

roy247
Community elder

Are the boxes 2 upgraded V6 boxes so they both have hard drives. If that's the case and the recordings that have disappeared are all on one box so there are no recordings left on that box and all the recordings you have left are on the other box. Then you probably do have a faulty box.

You could try doing a factory reset and if you have no recordings select the option to format the hard drive, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If it does it again you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or come back here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

If you do have 2 boxes with hard drives and have one replaced there is a good chance it will be replaced with a 360 mini box with no hard drive.

gemima29
Tuning in

Just happened to me as well!😖

Thanks, I have arranged for an Engineer visit. I wasn't very confident that the call handler knew what the issue was or how to resolve it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gemima29 wrote:

Just happened to me as well!😖

@gemima29 

If you have an issue with your TV service, best start a new thread explaining it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the update paug262, please let us know how the visit goes.

Rob

paulg262
Dialled in

Reading this has been very helpful and the replies have answered my question, but annoyed me that the service I thought I was getting and paying for has been reduced in efficiency. I had two V6 boxes in two downstairs rooms. Never had problems. Upgraded to V360 and as said in the replies this was done online. After a couple of months, all our recordings started to disappear off the one box, so Virgin attended and replaced one of the boxes with a V360 mini box. I realised the other day when I tried to record something that the mini box is attached two it said 'waiting for box in Lounge to start up' but didnt understand why. Now I know having read this help page, but it has also answered the question as we always seem to get close to our 100% storage and have to delete stuff we want to save, because it is only saving it on the one box, we didn't realise that, so by moving to the 360, but probably more importantly our storage has been halved by having a mini box. Can I get a V6 box back in place of it. 

Thanks Robert, but only just seen this message  when I logged on with another query. The visit from Virgin went well. One of the two V6 boxes was replaced with a mini box, when until this week (but I did now notice that the Community elder mentioned it in a post above, but I missed it) I had not realised that by having the V6 box replaced with a mini box then we have now halved our storage capacity. We wondered why we always seem to get towards 100% storage very quick, whereas before we never had a problem. It means we end up deleting stuff we have saved to watch again. Can we not get another V6 box back to replace this mini box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having one single pool of recordings is how TV360 works, and is fundamentally different to TiVo/V6 where each box has its own storage but can mutually stream from each other.

It's also correct that where you've mitigated this by converting multiple V6 into TV360 masters but one subsequently develops a fault, it is replaced with a mini and you lose the storage space.

This is by design and not something you can change. A conversion to TV360 can't be reversed here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, Thanks for the response, I appreciate it can't be reversed, and I guess being more disciplined with the recordings is needed, but the bit that really bugs me, is when this type of media system came out one of the selling items was 'pause live TV if someone comes to the door or you need to pop and make a drink' ( not sure if this was one of Virgin medias pitches), with the V6 that was very true, with the V360 boxes especially the mini that is far from the truth. You place it on pause, and you may only be out for about 3 minutes and you come back and it is playing the programme saying it has reached the maximum time for pause, so the pausing live TV becomes a waste of time. Beginning to wish I had just stuck with V6 system. There are some advantages of the 360 like voice search but the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. I would say anyone considering switching really needs to look at the pro's and con's before deciding, as they are not clear from Virgin.