cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings deleting

hannah46
Joining in

Hi,

the past month all my recordings on my box have deleted and there isn’t anything in there!

There was only a few shows which were on series link so there was plenty of space left on there but they keep disappearing.

I have checked settings on the box and everything seems to be fine and the shows which I am recording are not expired or anything like that, as they are just the likes of Coronation Street and the occasional series. 

any ideas please :)?

5 REPLIES 5

hannah46
Joining in

Hi,

I am exactly the same, box is no where near full and everything is being deleted. It’s happened twice this month so far 😞

Are you able to help please 😞 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @hannah46,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your recordings.

Here is what I have found:

Steps to disable Auto-Delete:
Ask the Customer to navigate to Saved>Recordings>See All>Manage Storage
Next (after entering Pin) change the option for ‘Auto delete when space needed’ to ‘Off’
Please note! If the Customer wants auto delete ‘On’ but wants to protect certain recordings or series from being deleted then follow the steps below:
Ask the Customer to select the recording/series from the ‘See All Recordings’ menu and select the ‘pencil’ icon to the right hand side of the recording
Next select the option ‘Protect from auto-delete’
A shield will be displayed next to any protected recordings to indicate it is protected.

Let me know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hey.

This hasn’t worked. I called last night and they rebooted the box from there end but still no luck. I now get an error message saying ‘we found a problem with the storage device in the virgin tv box which may affect performance’

Can you help please? I would call up again but the line was terrible last night and both advisors were not helpful after waiting 30 mins on hold. 

Hi @hannah46,

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry you're now getting this error. 

Can you try factory resetting your box?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I lost my recordings today which hasn't happened for a while. Did a factory reset with "keep my recordings" selected and it brought my recordings back. This is the first time it has worked for me. If you haven't tried this yet I suggest you give it a go.